Confirmed with Link: Marincin on waivers

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Do we see Borgman on the ice for the bigger, more physical teams and have Rosen against teams where they'd like to push the puck more?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Valiev - Dermott
Marincin - Liljegren
Nielsen - Loverde/Holl

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
Valiev - Dermott
Marincin - Liljegren
Nielsen - Loverde/Holl

I would like to see Liljegren protected more then that, especially in the AHL. Him getting run at by someone trying to get some attention would not be surprising and I don’t like the the odds of Marincin stepping up. Seems like Liljegren is going to do a lot of heavy lifting in retrieval and and breakouts. I get the breakout is his game but the idea of a 18 year old being the retrieval guy in the Ahl bothers me

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Can we waive him twice , just to make sure he is really gone? Kidding I'm sure he is a quality person ,wish him the best with his new team.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Really surprised Pickard cleared waivers after his performance at the World Championships. I'd rather him than McElhinney. On the other hand, I'm not at all surprised that Marincin cleared. I think he has the tools but not the toolbox, so it would be nice to see him get a change of scenery because his future isn't in Toronto.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Rosen back on the leafs. I'm thinking Carrick becomes our 7th D

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Borgman-Rosen
Carrick

I love it

Reactions: DanM

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Borgman-Rosen
Carrick

I love it
Having a bottom pairing that's actually pretty good is going to make our defense look much better than last year where it was a liability

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
It might have been previously said but can someone explain why this wasn't just done from the start? Was there a point to send Rosen instead of Marincin down before the season then switch them when neither has played? Surely they couldn't have been worried someone would claim Marincin off waivers if they did it before.

Jarqui

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
It might have been previously said but can someone explain why this wasn't just done from the start? Was there a point to send Rosen instead of Marincin down before the season then switch them when neither has played? Surely they couldn't have been worried someone would claim Marincin off waivers if they did it before.

Probably to give them time, from the moment they made the final decision, to see if they could trade Marincin before putting him on waivers.

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016

It allowed us to use more of Lupul's LTIR space.

There was also a better chance of clearing waivers after season started.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Borgman-Rosen
Carrick

I love it
i'm thinking you're probably right , i don't see him or Borg being Corrado'd

worst case is they rotate the bottom 3

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Loan? Never heard that before. What's up with a loan? Why not just send him down, he cleared waivers.

Thanks
I think loaned means he's not signed by the Marlies but is loaned to them by the Leafs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad