marian gaborik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Apparently he also had a bad world championships, maybe if he spends a little time with Hossa and Demitra he will get something going. He is an incredible talent im sure he will be back to the form of 02/03.

palsoft

Apr 11, 2004
Bratislava
www.hockey-live.sk
bert said:
Apparently he also had a bad world championships, maybe if he spends a little time with Hossa and Demitra he will get something going. He is an incredible talent im sure he will be back to the form of 02/03.

I must disagree about his bad streak at world championships. He always steps out in big moments and his fast skating ability was incredible. Hope, it will be so on WC

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
palsoft said:
I must disagree about his bad streak at world championships. He always steps out in big moments and his fast skating ability was incredible. Hope, it will be so on WC

How many players have we seen over the years come along and have a great year and then drop off the radar? I feel Gaborik is one of those. We'll see.

Clancy

May 15, 2004
South Jersey
Lionel Hutz said:
How many players have we seen over the years come along and have a great year and then drop off the radar? I feel Gaborik is one of those. We'll see.

i strongly disagree. gaborik is still very young and proved early in his career that he is a big scoring threat. he has the skill to be a top scorer for years to come, especially if the wild put him on a line with some good players. he has also had 2 strong years(he had more points in his 2nd season then his 3rd year) and a good season for a rookie. his numbers werent even that bad this year, having 40 points in 60-some games while missing training camp and having a hard time with his agents sueing him.

PPquarterback

Jun 2, 2004
Bratislava
Lionel Hutz said:

I wouldn't say this is the case. Gabby is definitely future star and it's only up to him and the Wild's strategy how will he develop.

I mean - in the first two seasons you could see him playing his game (eventhough his defensive awareness was not included in the original package). Last season it was quite clear that the Wild can succeed only if he will fulfill the role of the go-to guy.

From there comes my personal assumption that he had to switch his habits to carry the responsibility on his shoulders which is not easy for 20 years old.

The best proof of this would be his showing at the World Championship in Prague this year - in "crucial" moments Gabby just took the puck and did not let anyone else to touch it (his feeling of beeing the only one able to clinch the game was pretty visible but wrong).

The point is - if he could get some quality linemates (ok, at least one) and the responsibility would be spread around, his performance would go up significantly(for references check the guy called Lecavalier)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->