marian gaborik.

Discussion in 'International Tournaments' started by gocanada, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gocanada

gocanada Registered User

marian gaborik had a bad season this year,So how well do you think he will do in the world cup.?

2. bert

bert Registered User

Home Page:
    Apparently he also had a bad world championships, maybe if he spends a little time with Hossa and Demitra he will get something going. He is an incredible talent im sure he will be back to the form of 02/03.

3. palsoft

palsoft Registered User

Home Page:
    I must disagree about his bad streak at world championships. He always steps out in big moments and his fast skating ability was incredible. Hope, it will be so on WC

4. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Registered User

How many players have we seen over the years come along and have a great year and then drop off the radar? I feel Gaborik is one of those. We'll see.

5. Clancy

Clancy Registered User

i strongly disagree. gaborik is still very young and proved early in his career that he is a big scoring threat. he has the skill to be a top scorer for years to come, especially if the wild put him on a line with some good players. he has also had 2 strong years(he had more points in his 2nd season then his 3rd year) and a good season for a rookie. his numbers werent even that bad this year, having 40 points in 60-some games while missing training camp and having a hard time with his agents sueing him.

6. PPquarterback

PPquarterback Registered User

advertising
    I wouldn't say this is the case. Gabby is definitely future star and it's only up to him and the Wild's strategy how will he develop.

I mean - in the first two seasons you could see him playing his game (eventhough his defensive awareness was not included in the original package). Last season it was quite clear that the Wild can succeed only if he will fulfill the role of the go-to guy.

From there comes my personal assumption that he had to switch his habits to carry the responsibility on his shoulders which is not easy for 20 years old.

The best proof of this would be his showing at the World Championship in Prague this year - in "crucial" moments Gabby just took the puck and did not let anyone else to touch it (his feeling of beeing the only one able to clinch the game was pretty visible but wrong).

The point is - if he could get some quality linemates (ok, at least one) and the responsibility would be spread around, his performance would go up significantly(for references check the guy called Lecavalier)

7. ALF AmericanLionsFan

ALF AmericanLionsFan Registered User

teacher
    Home Page:
    Gaborik will be a top ten player in the NHL. Just give him time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.