Marek Shwartz

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdnhky1

May 16, 2002
Visit site
If this guy goes anywhere near the first round of the draft somebody is going to regret it big time. He's your typical Czech goalie, athletic, but horrible technically and his angle/positional game is atrocious. Like most Czech goalies, this guy thinks he can play 2-3 feet beyond the top of his crease in every situation. Of course he's nowhere to be found on any lateral pass because he can't get over in time because of his depth selection. Getzlaf should have had 3 goals in the first half of the game if he could have hit the net. This guy doesn't begin to compare to goalies like Dubnyk, Montoya, Shantz, Peters and others.

Kev88

Co-Founder of LaPasserelle
Nov 30, 2003
Canada
www.lapasserellehockey.com
Listen... Schwarz's only 17 years old, and 1st: he played against team Canada with players who where at their best. 2nd: don't tell me Schwarz add the help of his team! The Czechs where only there in the last minutes of the game. And the defensemen have let Crosby do what he wanted! :mad:

So wait next year or the year after if he has a team in front of him.

tomerez

Mar 16, 2003
Toronto, ON
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Where was Olesz all game?

Olesz did show flashes of brilliance but the Canadians were too strong and powerful for the Czechs. They were simply being manhandled

Blaming Shwarz is not the right thing, he did let in a couple soft ones but he also made a couple great saves. You can't judge a guy on one game, especially not in a game where his team was dominated for the most part.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
X-SHARKIE said:
Scwarz stood on his head for some of the saves vs Finland as well folks, one bad game shouldnt decrease Schwarz stock. I still think he's the best 2004 elgible goalie, even over Dubynk.

You get used to it, some people have as a standard for judging prospects "how did that guy do in one televised game vs. Canada at the WJCs?". BTW for anyone who forgot, Schwarz completely shut teams down at the U18 world championships over the summer, playing against players the same age as him. I'm not going to go out on a limb with this one, but he must be one of the youngest guys at the tournament?

MaV

Jun 23, 2002
So far Team Canada has really made everyone else in the tournament look like beginners. You can't count too much on this game.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Its completely true...you can't completley judge by one game, especially a game where the team in front of him decided to not really show up.

HOWEVER, it did seem sort of odd to me that he was a good three feet out of position for some goals (especially the cross ice passes). He seemed to be really over playing the man with the puck. That said, he D was so brutal at times today that even in perfect position those pucks were hitting the back of the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->