Waived: Marek Hrivik

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Do you really think that??

He's not good at anything.

Terrible shot and chance generator, terrible shot and chance suppressor, doesn't play PP, doesn't kill penalties, sucks along the boards, 18 points in his last 70 NHL games.

Lindberg is one of the more useless players in the league.

At least Hrivik is good defensively and great along the boards.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I assume he's gone after the year anyway so losing him is no big deal, but I'm hoping he makes it down to Hartford where they could really use the help.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
If he clears which he should, ideally he's the perfect 13th forward for next season. Low cost, good possession numbers, hard worker, PKs.

I'm not even a big fan of Pirri but I would rather have him back for cheap as 13th. Hrivik brings nothing to the table offensively, but he's a capable 4th liner good to be a 14/15th forward call up. Nothing more imo.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I'm not even a big fan of Pirri but I would rather have him back for cheap as 13th. Hrivik brings nothing to the table offensively, but he's a capable 4th liner good to be a 14/15th forward call up. Nothing more imo.

I just don't see Pirri coming back unless he has a monster post All Star Break. To qualify him will be 1.21 million and I don't know if they'll want to spend the money.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Next year Nieves will surpass Marek on the depth chart.

This was his opportunity to show he belongs and not bringing any sort of unique skill set to the table was his undoing.

The AHL is full of guys like this.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Next year Nieves will surpass Marek on the depth chart.

This was his opportunity to show he belongs and not bringing any sort of unique skill set to the table was his undoing.

The AHL is full of guys like this.

Indeed. Like you said, dime a dozen player.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
This move is understandable, but don't pretend he did not give the Rangers what was needed when he was called up.
I agree about keeping players that have a higher upside. I see the logic.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
He's not good at anything.

Terrible shot and chance generator, terrible shot and chance suppressor, doesn't play PP, doesn't kill penalties, sucks along the boards, 18 points in his last 70 NHL games.

Lindberg is one of the more useless players in the league.

At least Hrivik is good defensively and great along the boards.

Lol, what? It's only Lindberg's 2nd season, and was injured to start this season off. He's been playing much better recently.

Hrivik is not better than Lindberg.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Lol, what? It's only Lindberg's 2nd season, and was injured to start this season off. He's been playing much better recently.

Hrivik is not better than Lindberg.

i am no expert, but i agree. i think lindberg is just now rounding into form after a serious injury and surgery. i think he deserves more time. nothing against hrivik, who i really like too.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
ANother shocker. He cleared. Lol

Lindberg should be at best our 13th right now. He'd be my 14th after Puempel returns

But there's no way he should be playing over Pirri

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Guy who had the best chance to clear was the one who should've went down and did.

He's probably been better than Lindberg but its all about keeping as many players as possible.

Do we have to waive another guy when everyone is ready?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Lindberg's a better all around player than either Pirri or Puempel IMO. OTOH--back to the PwP with Zibanejad and his right shot and Pirri with his left shot and maybe the PwP really starts going again. Basically Lindberg, Puempel and Pirri are all very good depth players whether they're 12, 13 or 14 and I'd prefer them all to Hrivik who is pretty good--just not as good as the other three.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Guy who had the best chance to clear was the one who should've went down and did.

He's probably been better than Lindberg but its all about keeping as many players as possible.

Do we have to waive another guy when everyone is ready?

I doubt they're going to carry 14 healthy forwards when Puempel is ready to go but maybe they do? I don't know. I'd personally waive Puempel when they're all healthy but we shall see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad