Recalled/Assigned: Marek Hrivik

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Much rather have Hrivik than Pirri, especially in a 4th line role.

Pirri has been struggling but I am intrigued, still, with Pirri in a 4th line center capacity with Buchnevich and Jesper Fast. They had a banging thing going on in terms of puck possession and scoring chances. Pirri has more scoring touch and if the scoring touch can be integrated into a great forecheck puck retrieval and shooting duo between Fast and Buchnevich, I'm all for it. If Pirri's offense is there, I'd waive the 4th line role idea. If it's not there, then Hrivik hasn't been lost offensively either despite the lack of actual chances. 4th line is too neutered right now.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Pirri has been struggling but I am intrigued, still, with Pirri in a 4th line center capacity with Buchnevich and Jesper Fast. They had a banging thing going on in terms of puck possession and scoring chances. Pirri has more scoring touch and if the scoring touch can be integrated into a great forecheck puck retrieval and shooting duo between Fast and Buchnevich, I'm all for it. If Pirri's offense is there, I'd waive the 4th line role idea. If it's not there, then Hrivik hasn't been lost offensively either despite the lack of actual chances. 4th line is too neutered right now.

Pirri is funny

He's shooting a lot less now than he has in his career. Which is bothersome. Because his shot is his best asset.

But with absolutely putrid usage his possession metrics have been solid. You would think he's D. Moore the way we use him.

I wouldn't be upset if he were scratched but I don't think he's been bad at all.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Pirri is funny..with absolutely putrid usage his possession metrics have been solid. You would think he's D. Moore the way we use him

can't fully agree,
DMoore certainly never got Pirri's %age of his ice time on the PP
Pirri hasn't earned more time, hasn't really contributed much O since early on
[ OCT:4-2-6;NOV:1-3-4;DEC:1-2-3],
take away his garbage time PPG vs Dev's and he's been MIA on the scoresheet too often recently

last i looked, he had been doing ok at FO%,
but he doesn't really have a C's game at either end

when the gifted guys - Buch, Nash, Zib - return,
Pirri may be the logical scratch, he's here as the O guys' backup's

Hrivik has done little wrong in his ~dozen games,
but would be nice get more O from him and the other bottom 4 F's (especially Lindberg),
Puempel's breakout game thursday was key to that win

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I said it here a while ago, then I saw some blogger say it too:

Pirri is missing Zibby. His shot is being countered on the Power Play. He doesn't have his time to shine.

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
Marek Horrific. He's not impressive. But he's doing a good job and holding the fort until we get healthy again. He deserves no spot on this roster once all players return from injury

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
can't fully agree,
DMoore certainly never got Pirri's %age of his ice time on the PP
Pirri hasn't earned more time, hasn't really contributed much O since early on
[ OCT:4-2-6;NOV:1-3-4;DEC:1-2-3],
take away his garbage time PPG vs Dev's and he's been MIA on the scoresheet too often recently

last i looked, he had been doing ok at FO%,
but he doesn't really have a C's game at either end

when the gifted guys - Buch, Nash, Zib - return,
Pirri may be the logical scratch, he's here as the O guys' backup's

Hrivik has done little wrong in his ~dozen games,
but would be nice get more O from him and the other bottom 4 F's (especially Lindberg),
Puempel's breakout game thursday was key to that win

They have similar defensive zone usage, similar quality of teammates (awful), and similar quality of competition.

At ES their usage is almost the same.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Don't get the whole Marek Horrific thing though. If you want to call somone horrible, it should be calling a guy like Glass, like Tanner Trash, or something.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
They have similar defensive zone usage, similar quality of teammates (awful), and similar quality of competition.

At ES their usage is almost the same.

You cant only look at ES and ignore the fact that Pirri has been given as much PP time as any forward on the team. Pirri is playing almost 3 minutes a game on the powerplay. Dom Moore played around 3 seconds a game on the power play.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Pirri becomes extremely expendable upon Zibanejad's return. Unless NYR want to use him on the 2nd PP unit, he needs to be a scratch or an option if we deal a forward for a defenseman.

Hrivik has played well enough to stay. I'd rotate him and Lindberg in a healthy lineup.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
He's been great at driving play up the ice and out of the Rangers zone, but if he's not putting points on the board, he shouldn't be in the lineup. Find you a player that can do both.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Pirri becomes extremely expendable upon Zibanejad's return. Unless NYR want to use him on the 2nd PP unit, he needs to be a scratch or an option if we deal a forward for a defenseman.

Hrivik has played well enough to stay. I'd rotate him and Lindberg in a healthy lineup.

Pirri has a very good shot and I think he has done well on faceoffs.

With that said in some games I have have felt he might be hurting PP because he does not win 1 on 1 battles on the side boards, does not go in to the corners to dig the puck out often and has a lot of trouble holding the puck in at the point.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
You cant only look at ES and ignore the fact that Pirri has been given as much PP time as any forward on the team. Pirri is playing almost 3 minutes a game on the powerplay. Dom Moore played around 3 seconds a game on the power play.

The powerplay has nothing to do with anything in the point I was making.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad