Recalled/Assigned: Marchessault Recalled (and sent back down)

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
he's been scoring well for Springy...hopefully comes up here and adds a punch for us

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 20s
Marchessault has 12-14-26 in 31 games w Springfield, leads the club in all three categories. Very high skill level, can take over AHL games.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Glad to see him being called up. After all, we included him in our top 20 prospects. Seriously I think he got off to a slow start but he seems to be cooking now. good luck to him.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I don't see him making a difference in either direction, be it up or down. I think he's a career AHLer, personally ... hopefully he surprises me.

thebus2288*

Maybe he can help our crappy power play.

He should be given more offensive opportunities like PP time as that's how he'll end up helping us. However, I have the feeling with Richards, we'll still get to see RJ fumble the puck all over the place on half of our PP's. I think you can visually see frustration from Johan and Foligno with their linemate a few times a game at least. Give JAM a shot on that line, it would be a real boost of skill and a full line of guys that are very creative with the puck. Worst case scenario is him with Mackenzie and Comeau.

Cam/JAM-Johan-Foligno
Cam/JAM-Dubi-AA
BOTTOM 6

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
He should be given more offensive opportunities like PP time as that's how he'll end up helping us. However, I have the feeling with Richards, we'll still get to see RJ fumble the puck all over the place on half of our PP's. I think you can visually see frustration from Johan and Foligno with their linemate a few times a game at least. Give JAM a shot on that line, it would be a real boost of skill and a full line of guys that are very creative with the puck. Worst case scenario is him with Mackenzie and Comeau.

Cam/JAM-Johan-Foligno
Cam/JAM-Dubi-AA
BOTTOM 6

Marchessault is scoring in the AHL ... that doesn't mean it will translate to the NHL. Remember how excited everyone was when we signed Alexandre Giroux after he scored 110 goals over two AHL seasons?

I would argue that, if you put Umberger in the AHL, he would be out-pacing Marchessault. And I don't particularly care for Umberger.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
He was a complete non-factor during his brief call up last year. Let's see if he can do better this time. I don't expect much from him.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
He was a complete non-factor during his brief call up last year. Let's see if he can do better this time. I don't expect much from him.

This is what I was thinking. It seemed like he was overwhelmed when he got his callup last season. Maybe being a year older with a little more experience he can be a more of a threat. He reminds me of Atkinson, but not as willing to go to the tough areas. Hope he proves me wrong.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
This is what I was thinking. It seemed like he was overwhelmed when he got his callup last season. Maybe being a year older with a little more experience he can be a more of a threat. He reminds me of Atkinson, but not as willing to go to the tough areas. Hope he proves me wrong.

Well, there IS that. I remember Savard looked the same way initially and was a step slow. I had written him off, but he doesn't seem to be intimidated now and is playing decently.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Kind of what I was thinking as well.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Looked bad/invisible last year and in preseason. Avoids the walls and treats the puck like a live grenade. Hoping to be surprised.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@Aportzline: #CBJ also activiate D Dalton Prout - who vowed not to miss Horton's debut - and send F Marchessault, D Erixon and G McKenna to Springfield.”

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I don't see him making a difference in either direction, be it up or down. I think he's a career AHLer, personally ... hopefully he surprises me.

Agreed. He did not look physically in the same league during his stint with the CBJ last season. I was just starting to like Tropp and Skille myself.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00