Marc Staal done all he can do in juniors

Jumbo*

Being from Sudbury i've been to almost most of the regular season games, all the home playoff games this season and watched the games that were aired on tv and I have to say, Staal has been the most dominating player i've seen come out of the OHL in a long time. Watching him bring the wolves to their first finals appearence in history was magical. Who else has been watching him just simply own the OHL?

Also look at the honors he's received this year, Named the OHL defensemen of the year, named to the 1st OHL All-star team, and is the first player in history to receive the playoff MVP award on the team that lost in the finals.

I'm stillllll pissed :madfire: :rant: :banghead: the Sens drafted Lee instead of him as I let my fellow sen fans know on our board. I can't wait to watch him take the next step.

Transported Upstater

Personally, I think he does a year in Hartford unless he really impresses so much that he causes a player to be traded.

I think that's the best thing for him, personally, even though I'm also extremely high on Staal.

He's the very definition of an anchor on the blueline.

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
I think that's the best thing for him, personally, even though I'm also extremely high on Staal.

He's the very definition of an anchor on the blueline.

honestly, i think he will be with the rangers next year. but i do hope i am wrong and he gets at least 20-30 games in the ahl, before he never looks back

Lux Aurumque*

Team Canada will be scary in 2010...at least three players with the name "Staal" on the back of their jerseys.

cdnhky1

May 16, 2002
Visit site
Being from Sudbury i've been to almost most of the regular season games, all the home playoff games this season and watched the games that were aired on tv and I have to say, Staal has been the most dominating player i've seen come out of the OHL in a long time. Watching him bring the wolves to their first finals appearence in history was magical. Who else has been watching him just simply own the OHL?

Also look at the honors he's received this year, Named the OHL defensemen of the year, named to the 1st OHL All-star team, and is the first player in history to receive the playoff MVP award on the team that lost in the finals.

I'm stillllll pissed :madfire: :rant: :banghead: the Sens drafted Lee instead of him as I let my fellow sen fans know on our board. I can't wait to watch him take the next step.

Couldn't agree with you more. I've seen a lot of great players come through the OHL in recent years but cannot remember as dominating a performance as Marc Staal's playoff magic. It's never a bad idea to be patient with young defensemen, but I cannot see how the Rangers can keep Marc Staal out of the NHL next season. He's just too good and too poised not to play at the highest level. I've seen several AHL games recently haven't seen a defenseman, with the exception of Luc Bourdon, who is close to Staal.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can't wait to see Marc Staal play, I'm sure in 5 years I won't be.

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005

You should also add that he played over 30 minutes a game. Rarely see a player log that much ice time throughout 4 playoff rounds. Some games I don't think he left the ice. (Probably could have been even better with more normal shifts.)

I guess he is now NHL-ready?

Yep. I've got a weird feeling that Marc is going to impress -in his own way - the same as Jordan did last year.

Bryzga lol*

Un-related (sorta) how did Jared do? I haven't heard much since he scored that OT goal.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Team Canada will be scary in 2010...at least three players with the name "Staal" on the back of their jerseys.

Maybe not '10....but by '14 all 3 could do it. I wouldn't expect Marc to be be quite ready after only one full NHL season, especially with Team Canada's depth of quality D-men....but at least 2 spots should open up from the '06 Olympic Team's blueline (Blake, Foote).

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Staal is pretty ridiculous, I had to leave before the end of the run, but I do expect Staal to get some games in the NHL next year, he won't spend all the year in the AHL and he'll be full time NHL by the fall of '08 IMO.

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
Maybe not '10....but by '14 all 3 could do it. I wouldn't expect Marc to be be quite ready after only one full NHL season, especially with Team Canada's depth of quality D-men....but at least 2 spots should open up from the '06 Olympic Team's blueline (Blake, Foote).

Two guys are locks for those two spots: Weber and Phaneuf.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Un-related (sorta) how did Jared do? I haven't heard much since he scored that OT goal.

He hardly saw any ice time since he played on the fourth line. From the games I watched, I didn't notice him. He isn't as big as his older brothers, but things can change next season for him with increased ice time.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
It's been along time since I've been anticipating a prospect like I am Marc Staal.

I look forward to him being the cornerstone of our D for many years to come.

The Rangers will handle him the right way and the fans will be patient. We know what we have in Marc Staal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad