Marc Bergevin to meet with media before Vancouver game - 5:15pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
My apologies if you feel offended but in the end you did make it a Gomez vs Drouin debate. You say Sergachev might hurt as much as Mcdonagh but this only is the case if Drouin falls hard like Gomez right? If Drouin is a future 60 pts +/- for the Habs for multiple seasons, it can't hurt like the McDonagh trade cause Gomez fell pretty hard and fast
It's ridiculous to compare this trade to the Gomez one, but Drouin may not even hit 10 goals this season. He has been awful, there is absolutely no certainty he can score 60 points even one time with the habs.

Reactions: Habs178

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
My apologies if you feel offended but in the end you did make it a Gomez vs Drouin debate. You say Sergachev might hurt as much as Mcdonagh but this only is the case if Drouin falls hard like Gomez right? If Drouin is a future 60 pts +/- for the Habs for multiple seasons, it can't hurt like the McDonagh trade cause Gomez fell pretty hard and fast

If Drouin and Sergachev both hit their ceilings, I still value Sergachev much higher. How many 60 point wingers have you seen bring back a top pairing defenceman?

Reactions: Habs178

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Drouin and Sergachev both hit their ceilings, I still value Sergachev much higher. How many 60 point wingers have you seen bring back a top pairing defenceman?

The point is it can't hurt as much as the Gomez trade because we would be left with a pretty solid asset in Drouin for multiple years.

isthatso

Jan 20, 2017
You stepped into a debate between two people and claimed that you have authority based on working with high profile accountants. Glad to see you are taking a step back from this original stance

1- I stepped in a debate on a public forum.
2- I never claimed to be more knowledgeable, even if I pointed at having the opportunity to work with high profile pros.

You often victimize yourself when you feel that people are twisting your words. Never heard of ''not doing to others what you don't want others to do to you'', or whatever it is?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I did reply. You can read it.

I didn’t attack the credibility of the site. I attacked the thoroughness of your argument and I maintain that your knowledge is far short of an expert and of little to no value.

Well, until someone shows me that the taxes in the site I provided you is wrong, I will continue to believe that certain cities have a major advantage. Like I said, the things an accountant can do and what sponsorship deals a player can get exist equally from city to city. The major difference to me is taxes. Its a huge factor

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
1- I stepped in a debate on a public forum.
2- I never claimed to be more knowledgeable, even if I pointed at having the opportunity to work with high profile pros.

You often victimize yourself when you feel that people are twisting your words. Never heard of ''not doing to others what you don't want others to do to you'', or whatever it is?

You made a statement that implied that you knew more because you work with accountants. Was that not you?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The point is it can't hurt as much as the Gomez trade because we would be left with a pretty solid asset in Drouin for multiple years.

Gomez was considered a pretty solid asset his first year as well. Drouin has done nothing in a Habs uniform that should make Habs fans think he’s going to be some superstar winger someday. He had half his points on the PP last year and the statements made by a lot of people saying he wasn’t a very good 5 v 5 player appear true in the meantime. There’s a lot for Drouin to prove. You could move him to the wing right now and his turnovers may go down, but he’d still look awful offensively given how he’s played. This guy is far from a sure thing and the Gomez trade looks awful in hindsight but I don’t care about the age difference, this trade could bust just as easily.

isthatso

Jan 20, 2017
You made a statement that implied that you knew more because you work with accountants. Was that not you?

Ok, this is too much for me. Check the post again. Never said I knew more. I said that I believe that it is not as simple as what some people think. If you read that between the lines, good for you.

Never said ''I know more'', never intended it. Barely said that I have been told that it is not quite the margin that people make it out to be.

Then again, have it your way. And again, you edited you post to something less condescending. You could have left the original, j'ai la thick skin.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Well, until someone shows me that the taxes in the site I provided you is wrong, I will continue to believe that certain cities have a major advantage. Like I said, the things an accountant can do and what sponsorship deals a player can get exist equally from city to city. The major difference to me is taxes. Its a huge factor

It’s not wrong, it’s incomplete. People like you and I don’t know enough about the big picture.

Now you are saying the tax shelters and strategies are identical from city to city? They most certainly are not. That is not a credible assertion.

I would disagree that sponsorships are the same in each market. I would suggest that bigger markets are more lucrative.

It seems simplistic to just say “accounting and sponsorships are equal everywhere”. It also seems highly unlikely.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ok, this is too much for me. Check the post again. Never said I knew more. I said that I believe that it is not as simple as what some people think. If you read that between the lines, good for you.

Never said ''I know more'', never intended it. Barely said that I have been told that it is not quite the margin that people make it out to be.

Then again, have it your way.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt but I did get the impression you were trying to squash my opinion based on your comment of you working with accountants and that you knew more because of it.

isthatso

Jan 20, 2017
I will give you the benefit of the doubt but I did get the impression you were trying to squash my opinion based on your comment of you working with accountants and that you knew more because of it.

Alright, let's leave it at that. It's truly disappointing to see so many posters on the defensive around here, but I get where it is coming from. I post my share of snarky remarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad