Marc Bergevin -'The answer is in that room'- Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Enough with the pure laine crap. It's not like this team is filled with this and it's the reason why we suck. Bergevin is FULLY capable of doing stupid trades even if it does not involve a local....I think we have sufficient proofs of that.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Enough with the pure laine crap. It's not like this team is filled with this and it's the reason why we suck. Bergevin is FULLY capable of doing stupid trades even if it does not involve a local....I think we have sufficient proofs of that.

It shouldn't enter the conversation on any level, to be honest.

This is sports. The objective should be to win.

The only time a region should matter, is if that region is producing NHL talent and you're not scouting it thoroughly.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
What upsets me is he’ll say his plan is to restock pieces this year and be competitive again next year with no consequences. Forget about the horrible offseason that got us in this predicament in the first place. Forget that he’s slowly, or quickly on how you want to interpret it, destroying the team piece by piece. I really see nothing that suggests Molson see’s this guy as a liability. In fact, more evidence points to Molson seeing him as part of the solution.
True...very scary and dark days ahead, by the looks of things................foxholes, and deep pockets amongst the elite in Montreal these days................

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
MB has to make a trade by the deadline and that is the most scary part of this entire season.....he will need to do something to try to save his job.....it is like the team is on a bus with a drunk driver

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Sportsnet/Engels has a piece on MB should turn the corner on the season............he built this fiassco. Why are the media scared to write a real article on how the organization should turn the corner on MB's era................why are the media in Montreal such a bunch of lob ball sooks??

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Sportsnet/Engels has a piece on MB should turn the corner on the season............he built this fiassco. Why are the media scared to write a real article on how the organization should turn the corner on MB's era................why are the media in Montreal such a bunch of lob ball sooks??

They are a bunch of spineless chickens**t "journalists" who don't want to lose their spot on the trough that is feeding them.

Last edited by a moderator:

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
When was the last time the Habs had an offensive superstar who was actually a serious contender for the Art Ross?
Kovalev is the closest one, season 2007-08 with 84 pts in 82 games, 11th best scorer in the league. I watch the Habs since 2000-01 and he's the only player I've ever seen being a point-per-game player. That's extremely sad.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I stopped watching the 3rd period last night, i have not done that for a very long time,
this team is a disaster, and MB you are the builder.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
I looked through the NHL statistical leaders from the 2000-01 season to today.

There are four teams in the NHL that have never had a player in the top 10 in the league in points since 2000-01: Minnesota, Montreal, Nashville and Phoenix.

Here's the list for the teams that have had the most players in the top 10 in scoring since 2000-01:

Pittsburgh:18
Washington:15
Tampa Bay:14
Vancouver:11
Ottawa:10
Atlanta / Winnipeg:9
Colorado:9
Dallas:9
San Jose:9
Anaheim:6
Calgary:6
Detroit:6