• Should be to be fired

• Be patient

• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
He was on TLMEP in 2012: Émission du dimanche 6 mai 2012 | Tout le monde en parle | Radio-Canada.ca

Can't find a clip but they summarize his visit like this:

Montréal peut-elle à nouveau rêver de Coupe Stanley avec Marc Bergevin comme nouveau directeur général du Canadien? Cet ancien joueur de la LNH ne se trouvait pas assez bon pour jouer avec les Glorieux. Il a acquis son expérience en tenant à peu près tous les emplois possibles dans des équipes américaines. Il priorisera le recrutement de joueurs québécois et s'affaire dès maintenant à trouver un bon entraîneur.

Basically, he was busy at the time looking for a head coach and said he would prioritize drafting Quebec players.

Thank you. We know how it turned out about the head coach and like ArtPeur said, how many QCers did he draft? As a franco I don't care I just want my team to win it all, but he should just stop saying things for the sake of saying them. I'm not asking for too much, am I? :laugh:

He was spinning BS then, he'll spin more BS now.

He's a used cars salesman. I just hope they keep pushing when he starts going on and on without answering the questions (because he will!).

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I went to look up the so-called increased Quebec players drafted:

Charles Hudon, 5th round 2012
Zachary Fucale, 2nd round 2013
Sven Andrighetto, 3rd round 2013 (not Quebec born but played in the Q)
Martin Reway, 4th round 2013 (not Quebec born but played in the Q)
Jérémy Grégoire, 6th round 2013
Daniel Audette, 5th round 2014
Simon Bourque, 6th round 2015

To be fair though, there aren't many players from the Q that made it to the NHL. The biggest names (excluding those drafted in 1st round before the Habs 1st pick): Samuel Girard, Anthony Duclair, William Carrier, Anthony Beauvillier and Cédric Paquette

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014

To be fair though, there aren't many players from the Q that made it to the NHL. The biggest names (excluding those drafted in 1st round before the Habs 1st pick): Samuel Girard, Anthony Duclair, William Carrier, Anthony Beauvillier and Cédric Paquette
Beauvillier and Girard look verrryyyyy good

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Someone please tell me why the Habs haven't committed time, money and other resources to improving player coaching and development at all levels in Québec?

It's bad enough that we're missing on players in the backyard, undrafted or not. Get some additional scouting as well at every level, especially in the Q.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I think Bergevin should be retained as an advisor when the new GM is hired. If the new GM has a tough decision to make, or is ever unsure about something, ask MB what he thinks is the best course of action. Then do the exact opposite.

giphy.gif

Ironically a bunch of us here have been calling Bergevin Costanza for a while now. It applies. :laugh:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Just reading the headline... I don't think he has all the tools.

The team stinks, so you can't sell that to free agents. You also don't have enough depth on the team to trade. It will be like plugging holes only to let others leak.

What they have is cap space, but in my opinion, it's not enough to sell players on the prospect of playing here. As a fan who sees little prospect of getting really good soon, I would use that space to take on bad contracts from other teams while grabbing future assets as the condition.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Montreal Canadiens Off-Season: Tools for Success - Last Word on Hockey

Posting this here. Love to hear your guys thoughts. I know a lot of people are already wanting to fire Bergevin. But I believe this offseason is the one that will tell the tale. What do you guys think?
I don't understand people who say this: ''Molson again stated that he has faith in Bergevin to turn the ship around. When you think about it, why wouldn’t he? In the six season’s Bergevin has been at the helm, the Habs have been very successful. They have three Division titles, four playoff appearances, and one Eastern Conference Final appearance.''
I mean, are you a new Habs fan? Or do you think every reader is one?
Why do you mention this, but leave out the fact Habs have finished towards the bottom two of the last three years, and the other he had to fire the coach he just extended.
So why exactly do you leave this out? You lose your credibility as soon as you do this. There are many many reasons as to why Molson shouldn't trust Bergevin (bottom 10 finishes 2/3 last years, failed to execute his plan of 6 years ago, same problem scoring as when he took over, could not get us a top center, unimpressive group of prospects despite his alleged focus on that...Honestly, the list is f***ing long), if you don't realize that, with all due respect, you have no business writing anything about the Habs.

The fact you can't even establish a timeline here is pretty comical. Are you incapable of seeing how the team progressively got worse the more and more Bergevin put his fingerprints on it?

It's one thing to say you think Bergevin will clean things up this summer but to ask why Molson wouldn't have faith in him anymore makes me wonder if you even followed this team over the past few years, or you're just part of this amateur site and your editor told you to write a piece about Habs.

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
We have the assets for a successful offseason, just like Jack had assets when he went to the market

On the fool me once fool me twice scale we are on about level 10 and Molson still falls for it but feels no shame

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Last year, he probably had all the tools too, and what he gave us was one goddawful offseason, the like I had never seen since I follow this team.

Reactions: MasterD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad