Marc Bergevin - Kickstart My Heart Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This demonstrates perfectly why Bergevin is a poseur. He has a talented player he can't stand and would trade in a second, yet continually diminishes his value both for the Habs as a player, but also as an asset for any team that might be interested in dealing for him. Absolutely incompetent management there. Cringe

I'll say it first, but god help me, Bergevin is a worse GM than Therrien is a coach.

Bergevin is not the one coaching our team, Julien is. Julien is the one putting Galchenyuk on the 4th line. But wait, let me guess... Bergevin is telling Julien what to do right?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Bergevin is not the one coaching our team, Julien is. Julien is the one putting Galchenyuk on the 4th line. But wait, let me guess... Bergevin is telling Julien what to do right?

You think they don't discuss it? Especially because several insiders have had pieces on MB trying to move him. Bergevin is hands on and mind closed.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You think they don't discuss it? Especially because several insiders have had pieces on MB trying to move him. Bergevin is hands on and mind closed.

Julien is the coach. Stop blaming Bergevin for our coaches decisions. If Julien thought he could play top 6 effectively, he would do it. Not saying I support Galchenyuk on the 4th line but this is the decision of our coach

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007

Lol seriously? Bergevin is the one declaring to all that according to his mighty wisdom, Galchenyuk is a winger, but he’s played most of his career at center and has had his most successful stints at c. He literally just handcuffed his coach by saying that, of course Julien could bypass that and do whatever he wants but right there gives you a pretty good idea that Bergevin is telling his coach what to do, to some extent.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lol seriously? Bergevin is the one declaring to all that according to his mighty wisdom, Galchenyuk is a winger, but he’s played most of his career at center and has had his most successful stints at c. He literally just handcuffed his coach by saying that, of course Julien could bypass that and do whatever he wants but right there gives you a pretty good idea that Bergevin is telling his coach what to do, to some extent.

Sorry, not something I believe. Julien is doing what he feels is best. Stop giving Julien a pass because you hate Bergevin

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Julien is the coach. Stop blaming Bergevin for our coaches decisions. If Julien thought he could play top 6 effectively, he would do it. Not saying I support Galchenyuk on the 4th line but this is the decision of our coach

I'm astonished that you don't believe a GM would discuss lineups and deployments with his coach. They need to be on the same page for games like tonight, where 2 players were called up.

Do you think Bergevin just surprised Julien with that at the last second? "Hey Claude, here's a centre and a winger. Find a spot for them tonight, wudja?"

Reactions: Runner77 and LaP

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm astonished that you don't believe a GM would discuss lineups and deployments with his coach. They need to be on the same page for games like tonight, where 2 players were called up.

Do you think Bergevin just surprised Julien with that at the last second? "Hey Claude, here's a centre and a winger. Find a spot for them tonight, wudja?"

Julien’s decision on line-ups. Stop spinning things

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I’m sorry to say but galchenyuk doesn’t have a future in mtl with Julien

Off to avs for duchene or landeskog

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Short sample size much? Benn played 13 games with the Habs, how is that indicative of outplaying Beaulieu who logged in 74 games as a Hab last year?

That's right, you didn't allow Benn enough games to expose the journeyman/7th D that he really is.

In those games Benn clearly outplayed Beau. Is this better?

I've seen enough of Beaulieu.

Based on that, Galchenyuk demoted on the 4th line in the playoffs last year means he's hot garbage. A player's usage must always establish what the player is worth. Nice to know.

Beaulieu was scratched not only because he was playing like shit!

And Chucky played 1 game on the 4th line stop exaggerating.

Come on man... Those guys were recalled on Sunday!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why is a differing opinion a "spin"? I also never implied that Bergevin made the lineups. I said that he discusses it with Julien and obviously has influence, if not the final say.

Your trying to spin a coaches decision as it being a decision made by a GM because you hate our GM. That’s spinning things IMO. Julien is no rookie coach, he’s making these calls like Galchenyuk on the 4th line in the end

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Sorry, not something I believe. Julien is doing what he feels is best. Stop giving Julien a pass because you hate Bergevin

I’m not giving Julien anything, so far I’m not impressed with him, the game we lost when he played Byron and Plekanec on a 3 vs 3, was especially painful to watch but I’ll give him a season before bashing him the way I do Bergevin. Bergevin has worn out his welcome. To think that Bergevin doesn’t have a hand in some ways the players are managed would be ignorance, I sometimes feel like he speaks as if he is the coach. Other Gms draw a clearer line between his role and a coaches.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Come on man... Those guys were recalled on Sunday!

How is that pertinent to the conversation I was having? Did you actually read back to understand what I was saying? Bergevin and Julien couldn't have had a discussion about a lineup on Saturday, Sunday or Monday?

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Your trying to spin a coaches decision as it being a decision made by a GM because you hate our GM. That’s spinning things IMO. Julien is no rookie coach, he’s making these calls like Galchenyuk on the 4th line in the end

So you honestly think that coaches and GMs don't meet to discuss the roster? Or do you think they don't meet at all because their responsibilities don't intersect? That's incredibly naive.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
How is that pertinent to the conversation I was having? Did you actually read back to understand what I was saying? Bergevin and Julien couldn't have had a discussion about a lineup on Saturday, Sunday or Monday?
What you was saying was that he somehow surprised Julien at the last moment with two new players... I mean it's evident they discussed about those call ups but Julien had 2 or 3 days to make his lineup.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
What you was saying was that he somehow surprised Julien at the last moment with two new players... I mean it's evident they discussed about those call ups but Julien had 2 or 3 days to make his lineup.

No that's not what I was saying. You obviously didn't read back, so you don't know the context. It's all there so feel free to have a look.

I introduced a scenario to illustrate a point through obvious exaggeration. I don't think that actually happened like that.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

If Julien has full say on what is going on behind the bench, how in the hell is he stuck with such illustrious mediocrities as JJD and Lacroix? No input from Bergevin, right?

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
If Julien has full say on what is going on behind the bench, how in the hell is he stuck with such illustrious mediocrities as JJD and Lacroix? No input from Bergevin, right?

That part baffles me the most, any new coach usually picks his staff, i thought he would at the end of the last season, but no we’re still stuck with those clowns, which proves to me even more how much pull Bergevin has on this team. Mark my words the moment Bergevin leaves, so do all the other foxhole buddies. I’m guessing you know that :)

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
No that's not what I was saying. You obviously didn't read back, so you don't know the context. It's all there so feel free to have a look.

I introduced a scenario to illustrate a point through obvious exaggeration. I don't think that actually happened like that.
I don't need to read back man, you have an unhealthy obsession with Bergevin. Sorry but I don't know how else to explain this.

You see some sort of conspiracies all the time... And it's Bergevin behind everything all the time, I mean wtf man?

Do you really believe that a coach of Julien's pedigree is just Bergevin's puppet? This is just ludacris.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Do you really believe that a coach of Julien's pedigree is just Bergevin's puppet? This is just ludacris.

So, you're into rap. And rapper Ludacris is into puppets. We've come full circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->