Marc-Andre Fleury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckalinsky

May 1, 2004
With a month into the season, along with a couple of call ups to the show, what are everyone's opinion on Mr. Fleury? His statistics seem to be top-knotch, but are they indictative of his play? At this point, he seems to be silencing his critics. Has anyone seen him live yet this year?

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
Probably the two most common criticisms are that he lacks any big-game ability, and that the Penguins are screwing up his development. He will silence the critics in due course, but it'll take a lot more than 2-months of regular season eliteness to convince the 'Fleury-haters' that these criticsms are misguided.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The Pens are ruining their development if they keep him in the minors and they're ruining his development if they keep him in the NHL.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't with this crowd.

He's amazing, and he will be amazing for years. End of story.

HfxMoose

Nov 17, 2003
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Tjardus Greidanus said:
He's amazing, and he will be amazing for years. End of story.
Exactly. His potential is endless. He has so much talent it's insane, easily one of the best goalies I've ever seen play in person. Future Vezina winner and Franchise goalie for sure.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
Fleury's potential is amazing, and I think he will develop into one of the greater goalies of his generation.. But it has to be said that it's been quite a while (if ever?) since he did anything of note come playoff time; especially in comparison to any comparable prospects (Lehtonen, Lundqvist, Toivonen, Niittymaki, Ward, etc.).

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Tjardus Greidanus said:
Well, you see, he made one bad play in the World Juniors, so he'll have that "can't play in the big game" label until he wins his 4th Stanley Cup.
After tonight I might need to share your avatar.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
It takes something pretty bad to get me to use an avatar that isn't media(music, movie, book) related.

This one is staying up until we get Fleury up for good.Any Pens fan feeling the same way I do...feel free to use it.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Lehtonen32 said:
Fleury's potential is amazing, and I think he will develop into one of the greater goalies of his generation.. But it has to be said that it's been quite a while (if ever?) since he did anything of note come playoff time; especially in comparison to any comparable prospects (Lehtonen, Lundqvist, Toivonen, Niittymaki, Ward, etc.).

He outplayed the hell out of Lehtonen in Halifax if that counts, he was by far the top goalie in that tournament and shone even when the canadians lost in the finals to the Ruskies.

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
Tjardus Greidanus said:
Well, you see, he made one bad play in the World Juniors, so he'll have that "can't play in the big game" label until he wins his 4th Stanley Cup.
That's very sad...that same thing happened to Tommi Salo after that Olympic incident when he let in that goal against the Belarus. He had carried Sweden to Olympic gold and to a World Championship before. But after that he got bashed by almost everyone...

I would wish the same thing happened to Fleury...but the other way round...

Chuckalinsky

May 1, 2004
Well it looks like he's playing solid. A year in the AHL will be good for him, epecially on a good team. Hopefully his time there will be as rewarding as it was for Mr. Staal. I guess we'll find out next year when he'll take the starting job in Pi-burgh.

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
Lehtonen32 said:
Probably the two most common criticisms are that he lacks any big-game ability, and that the Penguins are screwing up his development. He will silence the critics in due course, but it'll take a lot more than 2-months of regular season eliteness to convince the 'Fleury-haters' that these criticsms are misguided.

That and consistency. I have been a pretty big critic of his but I have to hand it to him, it was MAF, not Crosby, that was responsible for beating the Flyers in our last encounter. He looks brilliant every so often, like when he first started in the NHL. If he can do to the rest of the league what he did to Philly, he is the next Luongo. If not, he is the next Lalime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->