Marc-Andre Bergeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dallas

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
Marc-Andre Bergeron went undrafted... and the Oilers signed a jem. He is now tied with Pitkanen for the rookie points lead among defensemen having played two fewer games. There is no doubt that his size was a major factor in teams passing over him, but he is proving that he can handle the rigors of being an NHL defensman. He has Rafalski type point potential, but possibly with a more physical aspect to his game despite his stumpy stature. Personally, I see him as a regular 50 point defenseman in the future. What does everyone else think about this guy?

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
Pretty acurate analysis, IMO. There are only two real knocks against the kid.
1 - he makes risky passes and can get burnt from time to time. So far this year there has been next to none, and he is learning the defensive side of the game faster then I ever thought he would.
2 - He is as small as Dmen get in the league. BUT, what a person doesn't realize that he is one of the better skaters on the Oilers team (which is REALLY saying something). On top of that, he WILL NOT be pushed around. Ask anybody who's played hockey who are the hardest people to move and battle against. The short stumpy guys who have a low center of Gravity and can lean into somebody in an entire different weight class.

Bergeron is playing excellent. He has come in and taken Semenov's spot in the line up, and he has deserved to be there too. The kid is on pace for about 15 goals and over 40 points, all while being a plus player. All that from a kid only 23 and in his rookie year is VERY impressive.

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
Wait few days... I'll publish on HF Online and Oilers Board a resume of an interview with him in the next following days. If you have specific questions... write it here. I'll will consider them.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Good to see him doing well, always nice to see an underdog playing above expectations :) , in the games i watched him early on I was surprised he didnt walk away with more points, but the points seem to be coming now, if his defence is good enough to stay in the lineup i have no doubt he will rack up the points...as i said before 50 points isnt beyond his potential..lets just hope his defensive game just keeps getting better.

The Jerk*

dallas81838 said:
Marc-Andre Bergeron went undrafted... and the Oilers signed a jem. He is now tied with Pitkanen for the rookie points lead among defensemen having played two fewer games. There is no doubt that his size was a major factor in teams passing over him, but he is proving that he can handle the rigors of being an NHL defensman. He has Rafalski type point potential, but possibly with a more physical aspect to his game despite his stumpy stature. Personally, I see him as a regular 50 point defenseman in the future. What does everyone else think about this guy?
Rafalski isn't the biggest guy in the world either, he only goes aboput 5'9", the similarities are uncanny!! :D

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
in pre-season fitness testing. Bergie was the strongest oiler. He bench pressed more than any hopefull including a few enforcers like Laraque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->