Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs sign F Dominic Moore (1 year, 1 million)

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
My memory of Moore's first exit from the Leafs was that before the deadline, the Leafs offered him (a pending UFA) a new contract but the money/term was not what Moore was looking for so the Leafs moved him.

Traded him to Buffalo for a 2nd round pick, which we used to select Jesse Blacker. Good god the Brian Burke era. Tomas Tatar went 2 spots after him.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
My 1st highlight-montage for.. Dominic Moore (#28).., who played Left-Wing position with the San Jose Sharks...
and was recently signed to a one year contract by the Toronto Maple Leafs, ..on July 1st 2017...

Moore was good when he was with the Leafs many years ago... and I think if we had different management decisions in those days..,
he probably would have ended up sticking around...

He's sure played on a lot of different teams.., but he has also managed to stay in the NHL for 17 of the last 18 seasons...
He did not play the one shortened season, in 2012-13..

A solid Vet. who can only help with the decision making of some of the other young Leafs forwards around him...
and a good dependable Center, who can play on different lines.., when needed...

dominic_moore_leafs.jpg

Dominic Moore
Center -- shoots L
Born Aug 3 1980 -- Thornhill, ONT
36 yrs. ago
Height 6.00 -- Weight 192

Drafted by New York Rangers
Round 3 (#95 overall) - 2000 NHL Entry Draft

RECENT STATS:

2014-15 - New York Rangers - NHL
82 Games... 10 Goals... 17 Assists... 27 Points... +5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 NHL PLAYOFFS
19 Games... 1 Goal... 2 Assists... 3 Points... -7
2015-16 - New York Rangers - NHL
80 Games... 6 Goals... 9 Assists... 15 Points... -2
2016 NHL PLAYOFFS
5 Games... 1 Goal... 0 Assists... 1 Point... +/- 0
*2016-17 - Boston Bruins - NHL
*82 Games... 11 Goals... 14 Assists... 25 Points... +2
*2017 NHL PLAYOFFS
6 Games... 0 Goals... 1 Assist... 1 Point... +/- 0

Clips include: All of Dominic''s 2016-17 regular season goals with the Boston Bruins.....; his steal and assist in the 2nd game of the 2017 NHL Playoffs, against Ottawa..; clips from an audio interview done on July 1st 2017..., after being signed by the Leafs..
..and a few other 2008-2017 season photos & clips.....

Man Of 1000 Treasures: All Dominic Moore 2016-17 Goals - TML (HD)

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
Traded him to Buffalo for a 2nd round pick, which we used to select Jesse Blacker. Good god the Brian Burke era. Tomas Tatar went 2 spots after him.

It wasn't a waste, we traded Blacker and a 2nd for borderline NHL player Peter Holland.

Honestly MLSE should be offering some sort of treatment to let fans permanently erase the Burke years from their memories, it's the humane thing to do.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
This is going to be a great signing for us I have a great feeling about him.

Cheap for what he will bring if you ask me.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa

Yup. Still good skater. PKer and good on faceoffs. A good pro who eats right and trains right then goes home and loves his family.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton

I'm hoping he can provide a Cullen type impact for us. Not quite as much offensive, but a strong presence, win face-offs... put up 20ish points.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
It wasn't a waste, we traded Blacker and a 2nd for borderline NHL player Peter Holland.

Honestly MLSE should be offering some sort of treatment to let fans permanently erase the Burke years from their memories, it's the humane thing to do.

and the trade for Holland became necessary after Burke traded Colborne for a 4th

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
There are a lot of things to be mad at Brian Burke/Nonis era, but I don't think missing on a 58th overall pick is one of them. The odds of getting a guy who can consistently contribute to your team at a level above a replacement player (so a top 9 forward or 1 through 5 defender) is significantly against you.

Now, if you want to blame their overall approach to the draft after the top 10 picks during their time here, that is another story. This would involve multiple grit based picks or the constant trading of draft picks. The philosophy of picking grit like Biggs, Kenny Ryan, Devane, and Ross, bother me a lot more than the picks he missed on D. Mainly, because while the D he drafted tended to bust (although, that is slightly expected where we were drafting), they didn't fit a template that constantly burns you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->