Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs sign F Dominic Moore (1 year, 1 million)

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
I guess I have to be ok with this since there isn't a lot out there for that price. I'm really not sure how Boyle wasn't offered a contract.

I get that he went somewhere for more, but you get what you pay for. It's not like we're up against the cap and Boyle was the reason the fourth line worked as well as it did.

Moore is a decent substitute but I have questions. The most obvious ones are, if he's such a great fourth liner, why so cheap (Boyle is a great fourth liner and getting the cash because if it) and why so many teams in his carreer?

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
So you're accusing Brian Burke of refusing to work with Moore and forcing him to move across the continent, in order to satisfy a vendetta against the family of someone who suffered a paralyzing injury at the hands of his employee, because they were upset by that.

... but you think that's kinda normal and not really a big deal?

Remind me to never work for you.

Yes.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
So you're accusing Brian Burke of refusing to work with Moore and forcing him to move across the continent, in order to satisfy a vendetta against the family of someone who suffered a paralyzing injury at the hands of his employee, because they were upset by that.

... but you think that's kinda normal and not really a big deal?

Remind me to never work for you.

I didn't mean to offend you so much,
Perhaps you don't recall how outspoken Burke was at that time against Moore, and how he constantly defended burtuzzi's actions. He's an old schooler in his views on players policing themselves on the ice, and was furious at how Steve Moore took the legal route against the NHL and the Canucks and bertuzzi.
And he didn't 'force Moore to move across the continent' , he simply traded him.
And for the record, I was opposed to Burke moving Moore at the time. I liked him a lot as a player, and thought it was wrong. I'm glad he's back.

Last edited:

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
No proof here. Just thought is was common knowledge at the time.
I wouldn't call it conspiracy theory. It was still fresh, and in the news.
Also, by immediately, I meant he was shipped out that season.

My memory of Moore's first exit from the Leafs was that before the deadline, the Leafs offered him (a pending UFA) a new contract but the money/term was not what Moore was looking for so the Leafs moved him.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
I was upset when Moore left the Leafs (had good chemistry with Blake), and really glad he'll anchor our 4th line!

Good YT clip from today:

Anyone remember this?

Is it confirmed whether he'll wear 19 again?

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2017...ews-not-lost-even-young-age-hes-leader-group/

On joining the Leafs:

For me, the excitement is hard to describe. You go free agency and you want to find a place that is the right fit for a variety of reasons. Obviously, coming back to Toronto, which is where I’m from but more importantly has a chance to do some great things, some special things this coming year. With the talent and skill level and what the coaching staff has done with this team for the last couple of years and the management kind of making Toronto an exciting team that has a lot of potential, to be able to join that group is an exciting opportunity.

On playing for his hometown team:

Playing for the team that you grew up rooting for — I think there is a passion there that can come through in your play. I think that’s definitely something that’s not lost on me. It’s an important part of the decision-making process. You want to bring that passion to your game and it obviously comes a little bit more naturally for me when you put on the Blue and White.

On the appeal of Leafs off-ice staff:

Coming in and meeting with Lou Lamoriello and Brendan Shanahan, for me, it’s a night and day difference in the organization. It starts at the top and everything falls into place with the people that make the organization run. That’s a huge part of the excitement of me joining this organization — the people who create the working environment there. Everything on a daily basis comes down to the attitude that starts at the top. For me, that’s an exciting thing to be joining.

It does start at the top. It's too bad MLSE didn't realize this until now

Last edited:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Wouldn't have been unhappy if we re-signed Boyle to the contract he received from NJ, but the difference in contract between he and Moore allows/allowed us to transfer that savings to other areas higher in the lineup. That aside, thrilled to have Moore back in the fold.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
One of the worst I've read.

The guy rarely has anything above trash level, and his high end is a bad article with maybe the odd good point or two (that is unique).

He is absolutely terrible, but whatever.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
All the players at Dominic Moore's annual smashfest charity event.

Top: Taylor Hall, Jeff Skinner, ???, Craig Adams, Ben Lovejoy, ???, ???, Zach Hyman, Alex Burrows, ???, ???, Sam Bennett, Steve Moore
Bottom: Connor Brown, Drew Doughty?, ???, Patrick Eaves, Dominic Moore, Connor Carrick, Nikita Kucherov, ???, ???

Can anyone help me fill in the "???"? Thinking some of them may not even be pros though.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
All the players at Dominic Moore's annual smashfest charity event.

Top: Taylor Hall, Jeff Skinner, ???, Craig Adams, Ben Lovejoy, ???, ???, Zach Hyman, Alex Burrows, ???, ???, Sam Bennett, Steve Moore
Bottom: Connor Brown, Drew Doughty?, ???, Patrick Eaves, Dominic Moore, Connor Carrick, Nikita Kucherov, ???, ???

Can anyone help me fill in the "???"? Thinking some of them may not even be pros though.

Latta, Spooner, Blandisi, Henrique are all there. Not sure where. As per Leafs IG

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Moore is all class and diligence and can still comtribute to team success, For $1M its money well spent. Players who play for the crest on the front. Special times coming boys and girls. Get ready.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Another Nylander connection... :laugh:... Laich and Fehr? had one too.

[Tweet]888175297912328192[/Tweet]

Just watched this this morning.... I didn't realize Moore went through this... I can imagine what he went through...

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
My memory of Moore's first exit from the Leafs was that before the deadline, the Leafs offered him (a pending UFA) a new contract but the money/term was not what Moore was looking for so the Leafs moved him.

This is what I remember as well.

Liked Moore the first time around and I like this signing more than what Boyle got from NJ.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I grew up with a ping pong table in my parent's basement. I'll take 'em on. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad