Recalled/Assigned: Maple Leafs recall Christopher Gibson from AHL

TOG26

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Meh, this is the reason we have a good backup in Reimer. Hopefully not the mumps though, really don't need that going through our dressing room.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Reimer better be ready to play. This is his chance at redemption. He has to prove that his play from before is his standard, and that his bad end to the season last year was only a bump in the road.

This is where leaf management decide if they move on from reimer or not. If he poops the bed AGAIN during this stretch, he is gone.

If he plays well, I think the leafs keep him until his contract ends and trade him at that deadline.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Jeez hope its not mumps :facepalm: we played mump-infected teams recently (anaheim for ex), and there is an incubation period for symptoms to start showing

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
well.

here it is. "the shoe"
now does it drop or not.

I - believe in Reimer :)

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Can I just know who the **** the first player was to bring this mumps epidemic into the league

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Gibson from Finland ?
That needs an explanation

Finnish mother, British father, came to Canada and played Midget AAA for Notre Dame Hounds as a grade 11 student and won the Telus Cup.....was not the starter all year, but never lost all year. He got the start when the Hounds were down in the First series in Saskatchewan playoffs 2 games and won that series and lead them to the Telus cup and earned a shutout in the finals facing 43 shots. He was named MVP of the game.

He was drafted that summer in the import draft by QMJHL’s Chicoutimi Sagueneens as they scouted a couple of other QMJHL’s eligible draft players that played on the Hounds. It is really a great story. Chris grabbed his opportunity and never looked back.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Minny asked about Reimer last deadline(supposedly)

Could be a fit.

Minny should be solidly in the playoffs right now but have received pretty terrible goaltending this season.

They're one of several teams who could use Reimer right now.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I think he starts tomorrow.

When Carlyle was asked whether he was comfortable going back with Reimer again tomorrow night, Carlyle didn't exactly say yes lol.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Let's see what Gibson's got. What's the worst he can do, spot 3 goals on 5 shots against?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Let's see what Gibson's got. What's the worst he can do, spot 3 goals on 5 shots against?

If Gibson plays tomorrow and has a good start to the game.....he will not fold up....kid is a great goalie when he is hot and he battles for every puck. He is more of a technical goalie who when confident has great rebound control.....also can play the puck very well.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Minny should be solidly in the playoffs right now but have received pretty terrible goaltending this season.

They're one of several teams who could use Reimer right now.

For who? Harding or Kuemper? I'm not interested in Backstrom, and Kuemper and Reimer are pretty similar goalies. Harding... would be very interesting a pickup, and I'd definitely like him as backup. He is made of glass though, and I don't yet know if Gibby is an NHL backup level goalie yet.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
For who? Harding or Kuemper? I'm not interested in Backstrom, and Kuemper and Reimer are pretty similar goalies. Harding... would be very interesting a pickup, and I'd definitely like him as backup. He is made of glass though, and I don't yet know if Gibby is an NHL backup level goalie yet.

The broadcast had it wrong last night.....they call him Gibber it has been on his mask since he played for Notre Dame Hounds.....they also said that him and Rielly were team mates on the Telus cup winning teams and showed a picture and circled a player and said that it was Rielly......it was Scott Bolland that they circled and not Rielly....they were not team mates on that team but Rielly did play a couple of games for them that year....but not at the Telus Cup.

The following year Rielly did win the Telus cup with Notre Dame.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach

Imagine what would happen if he outperforms Reimer. By the looks of things, Reimer's confidence is shaky while Gibson is bound to have a solid performance seeing as this is his first stint in the NHL. I just hope the team isn't grossly outplayed tonight.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Imagine what would happen if he outperforms Reimer. By the looks of things, Reimer's confidence is shaky while Gibson is bound to have a solid performance seeing as this is his first stint in the NHL. I just hope the team isn't grossly outplayed tonight.

Probably nothing much. Now if he goes on a good streak and it doesn't look like a fluke, we may see a Reimer trade then. I seriously think the only thing keeping Reimer here is that we don't really have someone who can replace him well. If we do, he'll be sent packing, hopefully to a team that can seriously use him as a potential starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad