• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
If they play like they played tonight, i'll be happy. We need to put in this kind of effort every night. I ain't worried anymore after seeing them play tonight. I think we'll win this one.

Penalty Kill Icing*

If they play like they played tonight, i'll be happy. We need to put in this kind of effort every night. I ain't worried anymore after seeing them play tonight. I think we'll win this one.

Never find myself disagreeing with you LeeIs. Spot on agreed with you even in tonight's Post Game Thread.

P.S.: Has your junior started speaking yet? I remember you sharing the news with this board some time back.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Leafs played their best against an LA team not at the top of their game, and still lost. They'll back off against SL and get smoked.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
St Louis is 12-2-2 at home.
Their PK at home is only at 78.7%, and they are one of the most penalized teams
Their home PP is almost as good as the Leaf's

Kessley Snipes*

If they play like they played tonight I will be a happy man. Much prefer a loss like this than a win like against Dallas

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
Never find myself disagreeing with you LeeIs. Spot on agreed with you even in tonight's Post Game Thread.

P.S.: Has your junior started speaking yet? I remember you sharing the news with this board some time back.

Just a few words, he just turned 2, but he's like a little torpedo running everywhere. lol.

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
So we faced the 5th best team in the league in Boston, Lost 5-2

Then we face the 3rd best team in the league in LA, Lose 3-1

Now were gunna face the 2nd best team in the league in STL....

Then the 1st best team in Chicago?

Things aren't looking to bright for the Leafs.

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Hope they can carry their play from tonight to St. Louis tomorrow. Can't wait to see Reimer back in net.

However, with the PK going the way it is, for every penalty taken by the Leafs, I think the Blues will score on 66% of them

mikebel111*

play like we did today. We will start winning, but please I want the old PK back.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The Leafs could outplay the opposition in the next two games and easily lose both in regulation.

They have to take their lumps and realize that they have to consistently play with the same sense of urgency that they displayed tonight in order to even stand a chance of winning on a regular basis in the NHL.

Mr Scarface*

Ranger could be sitting this time. Liles back in?
Thought Lupul and his line played well. They need to contribute again tomorrow. The Blues are a fast team and they also have the system working very well. I hope Steen doesn't bite us back.. he's been fantastic.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I like St. Louis, they're probably my second favourite team, ill probably tune in just because of that. Its gunna be an ugly one i think.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Leafs played their best against an LA team not at the top of their game, and still lost. They'll back off against SL and get smoked.

LA not at the top of their game vs. A leaf team w/o a full roster. I don't see the point your making? The team no doubt knows how close they came.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
Brian Elliot's starting in goal for the Blues tomorrow, although it probably won't make a huge difference. Both of their goalies play well.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Some weather problem tonight? Leafs departed really late, like right now. (And all flights out of YYZ 30 minutes late on average)

Will reach in St. Louis at 1 am local.

From what I hear, they get stuck on way to Pearson a lot. Sucks that Island airport is closed at night.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well if they can pull that level of effort it'll be a good sign going forward. Going to be a tough one though. Reimer will have to be sharp as always. If only the PK could go back to what we had last year we'd be in better shape to be sure.

Somehow I see much more likely we get a nice headline about Steen scoring a hat trick on us :laugh:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad