Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs & AGM Mark Hunter Part Ways, Effective Immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Well no surprise. An 80 year old, and up-and-coming young guy, and a guy who has GM aspirations. Wasn't going to last

Odd timing though, no?

Reactions: Menzinger

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
There you go.

I'm a bit surprised that they didn't wait until after the draft.

He clearly didn't want to stick around, so why would they? Most of the scouting is done and there's barely anything to scout other than the AHL and NHL playoffs.

It's probably better to get it over with now and replace him while there are plenty of candidates to replace him with.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
It sucks, but all in all I'm not worried.

You know the leafs will hire someone more than capable of replacing him.

Curious if they try to hire someone before the draft or wait till after.

Reactions: hullsy47

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Was hoping he would stick around for the draft but I guess it had to happen. Looking forward to see who becomes the AGM this summer.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Sean Burke, Chuck Fletcher, Kyle Raftis, Ron Francis, Joe Nieuwendyk are all names we will probably see linked to the Leafs.

Raftis to replace Dubas and his Marlies role. Sean Burke to replace Hunter Assistant GM, director of all scouting and player personnel (3 things Hunter did I believe). Vuori promoted to director of amateur scouting (all regions). Ladygin promoted to director of EU scouting.

(Please fire John Lilley as director of US scouting)

Purely guessing.

Last edited:

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
This was almost guaranteed, i didnt expect it so soon however.

We have a lot of faith in Dubas but i think he will do just fine

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Damn, this sucks although expected. Hopefully they don't lose much of the scouting team and they hire a solid replacement.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Leaving before the draft isn't that huge of a deal tbh.

I'm sure Dubas would have had the final say over Mark anyways. Plus, all the scouting is already completed. Teams have massive databases of scouting reports on several players.

I wonder if he just sticks to London now just like his brother.

Reactions: Walshy7

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
The scouting department made some good moves in his tenure, most all of 2015 (though I've heard Dubas was heavily involved there), Grundstrom, Korshkov, Woll, Rasanen and Gordeev.

Matthews and Liljegren were the hockey gods smiling on us.

But the quest for the hulking defender - Greenway, Mattinen, Middleton, to an extent Rasanen and Gordeev, maybe there's hope for the last two but if the other three were gonna pan out, we would know it by now.

Other picks just didn't work but it happens to everyone.

I think he could do great work as a GM.

I also think the Leafs being successful and exciting, along with the handy ability to print money, means they should be able to find an adequate replacement, if they don't do it internally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad