Value of: Mantha to MTL

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Look guys, just give it a break. There's not a trade to be had here. Detroit fans don't want anything from Montreal besides Sergachev who you obviously won't move ( even if we on HF came up with a smart trade he still wouldn't be on the block) because you just drafted him.

We as a fan base have 0 interest in moving Mantha. We'd all do it as part of a package for a top pairing D but Montreal doesn't have that to offer. Thus we can sit here and trash each other's prospects (whom most of us know nothing about and are just cherry picking stats to make bad comparisons) for no reason or we can just go our separate ways and revisit a trade when our supplies and demands have significantly changed.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I really think Mantha is more expendable than some think.

I am not sure the organization is as wowed as the fan-base. But most of what is offered for him isn't enough for them to give up the most physically gifted prospect the Wings have had since Keith Primeau. I believe they would move him, but it would fill a massive need and he would likely be packaged up with other things to make that a realization.

The tough love is confusing at times. But I think they still would value him pretty highly in terms of deals, they were pretty forceful in terms of the no on Phaneuf and Myers in the rumor cylces when his name was out there....

Montreal doesn't have much outside of players they flat out aren't moving that interests me. Also if they are going to give up Mantha they are going to want him out of division unless they are flat out winning the trade and Beaulieu doesn't come close to that scenario.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I mean lets go with the logic here

1. beaulieu 1st round pick 17 overall good pedigree has 151 games (total package 6'2 great skater, good vision , good shot etc top 4 D atm

Beaulieu is an awful shooter, it's mind blowing that sometimes he can't get a shot through to save his life with the skating that he has, vision isn't good, it's average at best, his one dominant skill is skating but he lacks in many other key areas, he's not an ideal top 4 D at the moment but could become one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad