Manitoba Moose 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Has anyone watched enough of Phillips to get a read on him?

I thought there was talk he wasn't going to get another contract. Has a hot cold year last year in the ECHL and A.
Ugly year this year in the E (I don't know anything about that team though) but a pretty nice showing in the A....?
I know he hasn't been looked at like much of a prospect, but he's putting up comparable numbers to Comrie for the second straight year.

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Also, happy to see Petan crushing the AHL this year.

And Austin Czarnik too. He and Petan were both fantastic at one of the early development camps for the Jets. I thought Czarnik looked slightly better. Best on the ice actually. But, he is only 5’6” or so. Really small. I remember being sad that we never gave him a chance.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
And Austin Czarnik too. He and Petan were both fantastic at one of the early development camps for the Jets. I thought Czarnik looked slightly better. Best on the ice actually. But, he is only 5’6” or so. Really small. I remember being sad that we never gave him a chance.
He was in college. I don't think he was looking for a contract. I was hoping they'd lure him though.

I also believe he went to a different team's Dev Camp each summer.

redneckjabronie

Nov 17, 2015
He’s been great. But I fear PoMo would have to be blackmailed into playing him at this point.

Yeah, he's played his last game for the Jets regardless of what he does in the AHL. Either traded around the draft or off to Europe with the Jets receiving nothing in return. Can't see him accepting a two-way contract, pretty obvious that means another season with the Moose under the current regime.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Yeah, he's played his last game for the Jets regardless of what he does in the AHL. Either traded around the draft or off to Europe with the Jets receiving nothing in return. Can't see him accepting a two-way contract, pretty obvious that means another season with the Moose under the current regime.
This is an insane suggestion. There is a zero percent chance that Petan goes to Europe.

It is far more like that that he stays with the Jets. He'll be a bargain basement signing. He'll be waiver eligible - and he'll be snagged immediately if sent down. They kept Dano in a similar scenario.

Petan will be in the NHL next year, whether it is here or elsewhere.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

Reactions: jetsforever

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Lost 6-3.

Listened to most of the third. Petan and Apple's with 2A each, Niku and Spacek with 1G each.

Phillips got the hook after lettings 3 on 9 and Phin went 14/17.

It would be nice to let the Moose play the playoffs in front of some quality netminders.

I always liked Peacock's play by play but I found he got a little dreary calling games with how bad the team was last year. I really like his calls this year, he does an excellent job.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Phillips let in 3 goals in 24:30 of playing time but the third Texas goal wasn't scored until 5:11 of the 2nd period. 41 seconds on the bench from delayed penalties?

And good on Petan for waiting until the game was probably out of reach to take a stupid penalty, thereby nullifying the extra attacker. :sarcasm:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Jets Rewards actually offered something I found useful. Cashed in 5000 points for a couple of tickets to the Moose game against Rockford next Wednesday. And we get another Trouba bobblehead as a bonus. They didn't say where the seats are, but my expectation is they are P3. Which is fine, I don't mind being up in the 200's.

Reactions: Gm0ney

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Jets Rewards actually offered something I found useful. Cashed in 5000 points for a couple of tickets to the Moose game against Rockford next Wednesday. And we get another Trouba bobblehead as a bonus. They didn't say where the seats are, but my expectation is they are P3. Which is fine, I don't mind being up in the 200's.

Going to see my first ever Moose game Monday against Rockford. Really looking forward to it! Wish Rosie, Comrie and Poolman were still with them but will get a good look at Niku, Appleton and Petan.

Reactions: nobody important
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->