Manitoba Moose 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Free Press reported that there were 6 or 8 NHL scouts at the last Moose game, and that Chevy, etc were in attendance. Wonder if this means anything?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Free Press reported that there were 6 or 8 NHL scouts at the last Moose game, and that Chevy, etc were in attendance. Wonder if this means anything?

It means the Jets have several interesting prospects playing with the Moose.

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Good game from the boys today, for the most part. Comrie had some incredible saves. Roslovic uses his body much more effectively than I realized. He is so good at stepping between the puck carrier and the puck to take it away. Connor looked good.

Cormier is such a dud. Not only does he look like the worst player on the team sometimes but he took 4 penalties, mostly bad ones. I won't be sad when he's done here.

love that about roslovic. He’s my favourite player to watch at Moose games.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Cormier is such a dud. Not only does he look like the worst player on the team sometimes but he took 4 penalties, mostly bad ones. I won't be sad when he's done here.

It's pretty mind blowing if you think about the fact that he was a "promising piece" of the Ilya Kovalchuk to the Devils trade :confused:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
It's pretty mind blowing if you think about the fact that he was a "promising piece" of the Ilya Kovalchuk to the Devils trade :confused:

Team Canada captain WJHC 2010 team. Was once a promising prospect

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Was Harkins hurt or was he a healthy scratch?

He has only played the v1 game, but scored a nice break away goal.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
IMG_4337.jpg

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Eric Comrie sporting a dismal .889 through 3 games. Hopefully he turns it around. I wasn't believed when I stated Comrie was closer to not getting a 2nd contract than being in NHL but it's not looking good right now, IMO.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Eric Comrie sporting a dismal .889 through 3 games. Hopefully he turns it around. I wasn't believed when I stated Comrie was closer to not getting a 2nd contract than being in NHL but it's not looking good right now, IMO.

Eric has one major thing going for him, our organization seems to be in love with him. I am not being sarcastic they can't say enough good things about him. I am not sure our org has a good handle on goalie evaluation.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Eric has one major thing going for him, our organization seems to be in love with him. I am not being sarcastic they can't say enough good things about him. I am not sure our org has a good handle on goalie evaluation.

We'll see how it progresses but all the talk has been about how the "team in front of him is why his save percentage sucks". Funny where did I hear that before? Also failed NHL goalies Pavelec and Hutchinson have badly outplayed him over past two years.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We'll see how it progresses but all the talk has been about how the "team in front of him is why his save percentage sucks". Funny where did I hear that before? Also failed NHL goalies Pavelec and Hutchinson have badly outplayed him over past two years.

Yea Eric seems loved for his character, compete level, being a great kid off the ice, and the goalie fraternity seems to think he is really good.......but.....his numbers are not good enough and not really that close. He needs a big season IMO and he is off to a slow start.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
This may be the understatement of the year... :laugh:

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Yea Eric seems loved for his character, compete level, being a great kid off the ice, and the goalie fraternity seems to think he is really good.......but.....his numbers are not good enough and not really that close. He needs a big season IMO and he is off to a slow start.
I'm definitely disappointed. He was so dominant in junior. It's funny too, because he was always credited for his positioning, but he's always looked scrambly and over-reliant on his athleticism.

Reactions: ps241

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

And this board here has a better handle on evaluating voodoo?

Most here barely see Comrie play

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
And this board here has a better handle on evaluating voodoo?

Most here barely see Comrie play

This idea that "goalies are voodoo" needs to die. Goalies that have consistent sustained success, show it throughout their careers that they have consistent sustained success. There's a reason many like myself were not worried about Hellebuyck stepping up this year, because he had consistent sustained success throughout his career. Goalies will have up and down years, but look at Dubnyk despite the fans asserations he was good in junior, AHL, Edmonton, it was no surprise he has done well in Minnesota. Or Quick. Or Rask. Or etc etc.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
This idea that "goalies are voodoo" needs to die. Goalies that have consistent sustained success, show it throughout their careers that they have consistent sustained success. There's a reason many like myself were not worried about Hellebuyck stepping up this year, because he had consistent sustained success throughout his career. Goalies will have up and down years, but look at Dubnyk despite the fans asserations he was good in junior, AHL, Edmonton, it was no surprise he has done well in Minnesota. Or Quick. Or Rask. Or etc etc.

3 or 4 game stretches don't mean much though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad