Manitoba Moose 2.0: AHL in Winnipeg 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

spades0faces

Jun 19, 2013
"I'll just re-do the Moose logo in Jets colours and put it on a Jets jersey" he said, "it'll look great" he said.

3dUckMf.png

I've created a monster.

omg.. look what you did!

spades0faces

Jun 19, 2013
but me, im a younger adult. i couldnt and still cant afford Jets ST, and they dont even offer mini packages. ill definatly be going and getting either the 20 or 29 game pack. knowing that i can afford 7 convenient payments of $40 or $60.. like thats unreal, ill get to see the jets prospects and professional hockey consistently without putting me in debt. i want to get a p2 section mini pack/seat. get the best view.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I don't see it myself. Are there really that many people out there who think 41+ games of hockey per winter are not enough, and want to watch another 38+ games?

Considering quite a substantial number of people who buy Jets season tickets, do so with others they split games with (i.e. 6 people buying 2 season tickets), I can see quite a few Jets season ticket holders snapping up the P1 seats. However, I think there will be enough seats available that everyone will be happy.

I still can't believe that in the Jets 1.0 days, you used to be able to buy Jets tickets at 7-11 on Game Day for $5-10. How times have changed..

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I saw the announcement on fb this morning. Quite a few people who can't afford Jets season tickets are miffed that Jets sths get first dibs on Moose season tickets. What do you guys think? Is there a real threat of jets sths snapping up most of the tickets in the presale?

TNSE has a history of rewarding its loyal customers and those it has "relationships" with.

As a Jets STH I think they should have gone a step further and guaranteed all lower bowl STH their current seats not just P1. I realize it was a logistical problem with the upper deck but I will not be getting Moose tickets simply because I am not interested in having to go through a seat selection process and be sitting in the middle of the row. I am very happy with my current Jets seats on the aisle (Jets P3) and will pick up Moose tickets if the much anticipated double header ever takes place.

I hope TNSE sell 5000+ ST for the Moose it would be even more impressive if they hit 7000. It would bode well for the future of AHL hockey in Winnipeg but this Jets STH will not be picking up Moose seats. Good luck to all those getting Moose tickets.

GO MOOSE GO:yo:

Beer and concession prices will also be lower for the Moose.:)

Last edited:

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
They've even played basketball in the afternoon and hockey at night many times in some arenas. There's no NHL rule preventing it. I don't think it's something TNSE are actively seeking to do though.

Last week on H&L they had someone on from TNSE who said that was the case? Just passing on what they said? He said it was to do with guaranteeing the best ice conditions so i guess bball wouldn't count as ice is covered and not chewed up?

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Beer and concession prices will also be lower for the Moose.:)

I've attended many non NHL events at the MTS Centre. The prices for beer and consessions are always the same as at games. They may have some kind of discount voucher system for midweek games but I seriously doubt they will lower the prices inside the arena.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I've attended many non NHL events at the MTS Centre. The prices for beer and consessions are always the same as at games. They may have some kind of discount voucher system for midweek games but I seriously doubt they will lower the prices inside the arena.

Mark Chipman did an interview on H & L within the past few hours and stated that concession prices would be lowered for the Moose including beer.

Strange but true from MTSC M&M's at Fleetwood Mac's November concert $5.50 - at Jets games $3.50

Cotton Candy at Disney on ice this spring $15.00:shakehead

Not related but funny! I was at the Saddledome this past weekend and picked up two Corona's for $15.00 which is $20.00 at Jets games.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Perhaps there is a rule for hockey rather than basketball but this season the jets were involved in this situation in Boston.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...uins-switch/VKkT8piWEeKBKfz0YSt0FO/story.html

I was at the Olympics in Vancouver in 2010 and the USA v Finland game and Canada v Slovakia game was a double header. Very complicated when the building was cleared after the 1st game and you basically had to clear customs to get back in for the second game.:) Ice quality did not seem to suffer and it it will be much easier with more relaxed security.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It makes me think on how the attendance will work.

I think some people will cancel their Jets season tickets and others will get them, so theres no loss there.

But if this was just the return of the Moose, it would get 5-6,000 people. But because its our AHL team for our NHL team this time I say they might have to open the upper deck for some games. So I think at least 7,500 would be our average attendance.

Cant see anyone doing that. Why would you give up Jets ST, you would never get them back. I think you will get good attendance for the 1st couple years for the Moose, but after that it will become a harder sell as the market will be pretty saturated with hockey. I am a ST, and see myself going to a couple Moose games a year under the right circumstances, but half the Jets games are already a big bite of my time.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
They sure are pushing hard to create demand for AHL tickets. Guess we'll see if people bite. 11 games as the smallest mini-pack seems pretty huge to me, especially as a Jets STH. I just don't have enough time for that many games, but I could maybe do 5.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Double header on saturday nights.

AHL game followed up by an NHL game.

That would be awesome.

I think there used to be days when the Flyers would play in the afternoon, and the Phantoms at night at the new arena (not the Spectrum where they played most of their games) -- I was at the Phantoms half of one of those -- it was a lot of fun.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I wonder if they'll open up their purse strings and sign some veteran AHL talent for the first year back in the peg to go along with the prized prospects making the jump.

A repetition of last year's performance will have a very bad influence on attendance numbers, I predict.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I wonder if they'll open up their purse strings and sign some veteran AHL talent for the first year back in the peg to go along with the prized prospects making the jump.

I think the prized prospects will be the biggest draw for most hard core fans.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
I think the prized prospects will be the biggest draw for most hard core fans.

True, that will be the biggest reason I am going but just adding the prized prospects alone might/probably not result in alot of wins initially. Just figured they may want to add some veteran talent to raise the level of success this first year.

Bring back the Stapler!!!

igorulanov

Jan 31, 2015
Winnipeg
15fn6es.jpg

Should've gone with something similar to this.

I agree.

But it's chipman's money, and he already bent (I think) on giving the public back the Jets name. I think the Moose brand means alot to him, it represents everything that it took for the Jets to become a reality. And if that's the case, then i'm ok with it

For many fans, it won't matter if they're called Moose, Mosquitos, Muskrats, or whatevs.

True North could make the jersey's polkadotted (sp?) and they'd still be selling like hotcakes.

Looking forward to attending a game or two next year!

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Will Mick E. have to clear waivers every time he has to work for the other team, or does he only have to clear the first time around?

With all the Hype about Corry (Katie) Perry during the playoffs. Bettman has asked Chipmen to add a female Moose mascot

Introducing...............Kate.....E......Moose...........:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad