Manitoba Moose 2.0: AHL in Winnipeg 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
I'm disappointed they didn't use this as the logo.

thebluemoose.gif

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Love the logo. Not sure how I feel about the jerseys. They just look.. awkward? Not sure what it is, but looks like they ripped the Jet logo off a jersey and stuck the Moose logo on. Was hoping for a little re-design. I'll probably still buy one though.

As for the team, I am super excited to have them back. Hoping they can get something like a Jets game on a Friday night, then a Moose game the next afternoon. Would definitely come in and stay in Winnipeg and do both.

Go Moose go!

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
It makes me think on how the attendance will work.

I think some people will cancel their Jets season tickets and others will get them, so theres no loss there.

But if this was just the return of the Moose, it would get 5-6,000 people. But because its our AHL team for our NHL team this time I say they might have to open the upper deck for some games. So I think at least 7,500 would be our average attendance.

I don't see one single person cancelling their Jets tickets for the new Moose team.

I can arguably see there being more interest than before, since the fans can see their favorite players develop, and join the NHL Jets. With the Moose 1.0, we had to watch the best and most talented Moose players leave Winnipeg.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Love the logo. Not sure how I feel about the jerseys. They just look.. awkward? Not sure what it is, but looks like they ripped the Jet logo off a jersey and stuck the Moose logo on. Was hoping for a little re-design. I'll probably still buy one though.

As for the team, I am super excited to have them back. Hoping they can get something like a Jets game on a Friday night, then a Moose game the next afternoon. Would definitely come in and stay in Winnipeg and do both.

Go Moose go!

Or, I wonder if they'd ever consider doing a double-header: Moose in the afternoon, Jets in the evening.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
JC-Lipon-and-Scott-Kosmachuk-300x225.jpg

A few pictures from today's presser as well as interviews with Cheveldayoff x 2, Chipman x 2 and Lipon/Kosmachuk.

The post has audio from Brown/Cheveldayoff/Chipman/Hursh from podium as well as scrums with Cheveldayoff/Chipman/Lipon/Kosmachuk.

For the entire breakdown from MTS Centre click here.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Or, I wonder if they'd ever consider doing a double-header: Moose in the afternoon, Jets in the evening.

That would be awesome. But I cannot see it. They would have to get everyone out, clean the building up, and get it ready for the Jets game. And I am not sure how great the ice would be after all of that.

Could maybe do it every once and a while though. Moose at 1 and Jets at 7:30?

Lomac

Jul 28, 2011
Winnipeg
Old moose jersey >>>>>> Blue moose.. Using the Jets colours for the Moose logo just doesn't work for me.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
That would be awesome. But I cannot see it. They would have to get everyone out, clean the building up, and get it ready for the Jets game. And I am not sure how great the ice would be after all of that.

Could maybe do it every once and a while though. Moose at 1 and Jets at 7:30?

Moose game is over at 3:30, 4pm? Gives them 3 hours to clean the building up? It sounds do-able to me (but of course what do I know).

Doesn't give a whole heck a of a lot of time for pre-game skates for either team though. How long do those usually last anyways?

CaptainKirk316

Feb 8, 2014
Winnipeg
"I'll just re-do the Moose logo in Jets colours and put it on a Jets jersey" he said, "it'll look great" he said.

3dUckMf.png

I've created a monster.

DO YOU WORK AT TNSE... You let the cat out of the bag early!!

On a side note im gonna try to get 4 tickets in second 112 or 113 down at the glass on pre-sale Wednesday.. I have a bunch of family friends who come to jets games with me but want to bring their kids to hockey. So they are splitting it with me. Perfect price point if you ask me.

DominikPavelec

Mar 8, 2013
Winnipeg
I would have loved to see them go back to the original colours. As an old Moose fan those Jets colours on the jerseys just looks odd.

Glad the Moose are back! Going to definitely check out some games.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Moose game is over at 3:30, 4pm? Gives them 3 hours to clean the building up? It sounds do-able to me (but of course what do I know).

Doesn't give a whole heck a of a lot of time for pre-game skates for either team though. How long do those usually last anyways?

I believe due to ice conditions the NHL prohibits such a setup....maybe an afternoon Jets game with an evening Moose game but thats the only option :naughty:

I wasn't a fan of the old forest color theme moose jerseys and like these better....

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I believe due to ice conditions the NHL prohibits such a setup....maybe an afternoon Jets game with an evening Moose game but thats the only option :naughty:

I wasn't a fan of the old forest color theme moose jerseys and like these better....

They've even played basketball in the afternoon and hockey at night many times in some arenas. There's no NHL rule preventing it. I don't think it's something TNSE are actively seeking to do though.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I saw the announcement on fb this morning. Quite a few people who can't afford Jets season tickets are miffed that Jets sths get first dibs on Moose season tickets. What do you guys think? Is there a real threat of jets sths snapping up most of the tickets in the presale?

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I saw the announcement on fb this morning. Quite a few people who can't afford Jets season tickets are miffed that Jets sths get first dibs on Moose season tickets. What do you guys think? Is there a real threat of jets sths snapping up most of the tickets in the presale?

I don't see it myself. Are there really that many people out there who think 41+ games of hockey per winter are not enough, and want to watch another 38+ games?

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013

I think you can make a case for and against.

True North is being fairly consistent as they are rewarding loyalty again (as they did giving Moose seat holders the vast majority of Jets season tickets).

DominikPavelec

Mar 8, 2013
Winnipeg

There's no way Jets STH can go to every single game between the Jets and Moose. Lots of Moose tickets will be resold throughout the year in the off chance Jets STH snatch all the Moose tickets.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009

If there's anyone out there who wants my pre-sale Moose access I'm happy to let them use it. I'll likely take in a few Moose games with the kids but I'd have no way to make a ST investment worthwhile.

m.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I don't see it myself. Are there really that many people out there who think 41+ games of hockey per winter are not enough, and want to watch another 38+ games?

That's what I was thinking. Hopefully it works out well. It's really nice to see an affordable pro hockey option in Winnipeg now. I know that if I was a student there I'd be taking advantage of it.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

There is no threat from me buying any, I am planning on doing walk-ups for some games but that's it. I imagine there will be lots of Moose ticket packs available for the public sale.

There is no reason to get miffed, they offered former Moose STH (which I was not) first dibs on Jets tickets back in 2011 and I thought that was more than fair.

Are the wait list people also getting a pre-season sale? It's only fair that they get first shot also, some have waited for years now

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Thunder Bay lost the federal funding they were asking for to build the new facility. The Feds said they will not give any money to anyone trying to build a facility for a professional hockey team.

I did not know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad