Confirmed with Link: Mangiapane signs for 3x5.8

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Mangi probably has good comps as far as goal scoring goes, he got a good AAV but arbitration could give him a lot anyways

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
3 years? wtf
AAV is fine but the term nullifies a lot of trade value he might have

Not a good contract imo
I think that they may actually be thinking rebuild in short order and think that Mangiapane for two years cheap is what will get them the most in a trade from a contender.

Reactions: Tofveve

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Happy to have Mangiapane back but God dam this team is ready to sell if Huby doesn't stay.
As a friendly Florida fan I wonder if the plan is to offer Huberdeau a high AAV short term contract instead? Might be an easier sell to him and better for the long term situation here.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
I think that they may actually be thinking rebuild in short order and think that Mangiapane for two years cheap is what will get them the most in a trade from a contender.
Seems optimistic. More likely they're trying to create another half-assed 2-3 year contention window and pushing the reckoning down the road. Again. Everyone's signed and they're cap compliant. No room for upgrades but no need to dump Monahan or Lucic either. Nowhere near good enough to win a cup but also nowhere near bad enough to finish with a bottom five pick.

Either that or they still don't understand the cap era. Guys like Hanifin & Lindholm are worth more now when there's still term left on their deals, than when they're soon to be UFA's looking for massive raises.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

Whoa whoa whoa. Rebuild? Seriously?

In thinking weaponized cap space retool maybe... Idk how to think of a rebuild concept being green lighted.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

That could very well be true. Still think that with another year on there he'd be a lot more attractive to an upcoming team that needs a top 6 contributor.

Treliving didn't have all that much leverage here left this summer so I can kind of get it. But at a 5.8 AAV you'd think he could have got another year tacked on there. Course if Mangiapane regresses significantly(don't think that's super likely but it does happen occasionally) maybe we'll be happy it's not for longer.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Good to have him back, but I don't think he's a $5.8M player.
Mostly after all the recent moves I'm just left wondering what this team is going to look like in 5 years, I really have no idea.

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I'm okay with this.

He had a monster career year and I expect a significant step back with all of his totals. Closer to 22 goals 45 pts. Something like that. He got paid. If he makes me gladly eat my words then we can try and extend in year 2 or trade him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad