Managing the new site

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Ad Code is updated. The issue with ad blockers not working with chrome is fixed. Clear cookies/cache, reboot chrome and ad blocker will work when you log in. You'll need it because I can't get them to remove blood sucking Starbucks ads.

Reactions: JRiz13

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
The migration has made it no longer necessary to cap off threads at about 1000 post.

As I understand it there is no cap.

You youngsters should watch if you ever get a chance...

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
May Taro's OT reign never end!

ihu04Cr.gif

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Ad Code is updated. The issue with ad blockers not working with chrome is fixed. Clear cookies/cache, reboot chrome and ad blocker will work when you log in. You'll need it because I can't get them to remove blood sucking Starbucks ads.
Heh, sounds about right. They tinkering with tweet iframes? Ever since I logged in this afternoon, I'm seeing plenty of new white space in regards to tweet embeds, as their individual iframes appear to be defaulting to a 500px min-height parameter despite their short length, resulting in a needless 300+px of white space in applicable posts.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
I was having that problem in Chrome (Adblock + uBlock) until I cleared my cache and it seems to have fixed it for now.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Heh, sounds about right. They tinkering with tweet iframes? Ever since I logged in this afternoon, I'm seeing plenty of new white space in regards to tweet embeds, as their individual iframes appear to be defaulting to a 500px min-height parameter despite their short length, resulting in a needless 300+px of white space in applicable posts.

See if you can figure it out -

HTML:
<iframe data-s9e-mediaembed="twitter" allowfullscreen="" onload="var a=Math.random();window.addEventListener('message',function(b){if(b.data.id==a)style.height=b.data.height+'px'});contentWindow.postMessage('s9e:'+a,'https://s9e.github.io')" scrolling="no" src="https://s9e.github.io/iframe/twitter.min.html#{$id}" style="background:url(https://abs.twimg.com/favicons/favicon.ico) no-repeat 50% 50%;border:0;height:186px;max-width:500px;width:100%"></iframe>

Embeds were being cut off at 186px. It's supposed to add data height. Work around :
height:186px changed to height:500px to show full tweet. Need to figure out why data height isn't being added or rewrite code to auto-size it all.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sill hoping to get a reply to this.
Can I be the only one who has this problem?
It edits in Arial and posts in Verdana automatically. You don't have to manually change it. Presumably that's to let you know you're still composing your post.
It's not a problem, it's a feature. :laugh:

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
I still get the ads that redirect away from the site to the scummy "congratulations you're the 1,000th visiter click here for a free ipad" garbage on my phone, and the only way to get out is to close the tab or hit the back button a dozen times. Shit like that shouldn't be a part of any reputable site its really starting to piss me off.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I still get the ads that redirect away from the site to the scummy "congratulations you're the 1,000th visiter click here for a free ipad" garbage on my phone, and the only way to get out is to close the tab or hit the back button a dozen times. **** like that shouldn't be a part of any reputable site its really starting to piss me off.

Reports about bad ads must be reported in the Support Forum. That one might be malware coming from an app. I'll bring it to websupport's attention if it's reported properly.

They should include as much as possible of the following:
1. Location/Country
2. Device
3. Browser
4. Company/product of ad.
5. A screen shot if possible,
6. Brief description of how the ad is a problem.
7. Page/Pages affected
How to take screenshots:
Android devices - power button + vol down
iOS - power button + home screen button
Desktop - browser addons can be used with Chrome and Firefox, Moo0 Screenshot can be used with anything
Windows 10 : windows key + print screen

JRiz13

Apr 29, 2013
ATL
Sweet baby Jesus I no longer have to disable Java and I can see tweets. This is much better. Slowly getting back to a great site again.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Reports about bad ads must be reported in the Support Forum. That one might be malware coming from an app. I'll bring it to websupport's attention if it's reported properly.

They should include as much as possible of the following:
1. Location/Country
2. Device
3. Browser
4. Company/product of ad.
5. A screen shot if possible,
6. Brief description of how the ad is a problem.
7. Page/Pages affected
How to take screenshots:
Android devices - power button + vol down
iOS - power button + home screen button
Desktop - browser addons can be used with Chrome and Firefox, Moo0 Screenshot can be used with anything
Windows 10 : windows key + print screen
Thanks, I'll take a screen shot and report it next time it happens. It only happens while browsing this site, and goes away like all the other ads when I turn Javascript off.

The other one I'll report for mobile the next time it happens is an overlay ad that covers part of the bottom of the screen and shows up once you start scrolling down. In other sites/apps, those kinds of ads usually have a little x in the corner to close them. I thought this one didn't have it, but turns out the width of the ad isn't resizing with the screen. So if I slide scroll way to the right I'd find the end of the add box with the little x hanging out way past the end of the site in portrait mode.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
See if you can figure it out -

HTML:
<iframe data-s9e-mediaembed="twitter" allowfullscreen="" onload="var a=Math.random();window.addEventListener('message',function(b){if(b.data.id==a)style.height=b.data.height+'px'});contentWindow.postMessage('s9e:'+a,'https://s9e.github.io')" scrolling="no" src="https://s9e.github.io/iframe/twitter.min.html#{$id}" style="background:url(https://abs.twimg.com/favicons/favicon.ico) no-repeat 50% 50%;border:0;height:186px;max-width:500px;width:100%"></iframe>

Embeds were being cut off at 186px. It's supposed to add data height. Work around :
height:186px changed to height:500px to show full tweet. Need to figure out why data height isn't being added or rewrite code to auto-size it all.
Odd. I never experienced cut-off tweets on any browser or device. I only noticed the change or workaround, so idk what conditions were producing that. After a quick glance, I'd probably first suggest replacing "height:186px;" (or the "height:500px;" I'm seeing now in the page source) with "max-height:none;" so that it adds the correct height into the style. That works in the dev console, at least, for both text and mediacard tweets and trims away the 300+px and 60px padding respectively.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Odd. I never experienced cut-off tweets on any browser or device. I only noticed the change or workaround, so idk what conditions were producing that. After a quick glance, I'd probably first suggest replacing "height:186px;" (or the "height:500px;" I'm seeing now in the page source) with "max-height:none;" so that it adds the correct height into the style. That works in the dev console, at least, for both text and mediacard tweets and trims away the 300+px and 60px padding respectively.
It occurs with chrome. I'm sure it's caused by instart logic. Your fix didn't work. Instart logic detects when dev console opens and disables itself.

Attachments

• Clipboard011.png
    Clipboard011.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad