Managerial Thread - 23/24 Season - FCBahahaha

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Failing upwards lol. If Bayern somehow go from Nagelsmann to Tuchel to ETH...

It's very dumb, but if you replace the "x.com" with "twitter.com" in the link, then it'll embed.
X.com must be the worst name ever for a social platform.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
X.com must be the worst name ever for a social platform.
Are you suggesting that it was not a genius idea to spend $40B+ on a social media platform, then change the name (screw brand equity) and piss off all of the advertisers?

Also, didn't Elon also try to call videos on there xvideos, or was that a meme?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Uninspiring, but at least it’s not Moyes. It’ll be an interesting case study for whether a 30% possession 1-0 loss makes me more angry than one with 65% possession.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Uninspiring, but at least it’s not Moyes. It’ll be an interesting case study for whether a 30% possession 1-0 loss makes me more angry than one with 65% possession.

the 65% possession 1-0 loss is a lot more frustrating, in my experience

lopetegui is such a lateral move for west ham, a shame that a squad with that much quality will continue to go to waste

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Did this dude really turn down Bayern to go to West Ham

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
the 65% possession 1-0 loss is a lot more frustrating, in my experience

lopetegui is such a lateral move for west ham, a shame that a squad with that much quality will continue to go to waste
There’s quality there, but needs a major, major facelift. Especially when Paqueta leaves.

I’m open to Lopetegui insomuch as he’s more suited to the squad and I trust Steidten, provided he had input beyond David Sullivan.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bjelica has been let go. U19 coach Marco Grote will take over with Marie-Louise Eta staying on as his assistant for these final 2-4 matches.

After that first half performance against Bochum, I can't blame Zingler for pulling the plug. We fought back in the 2nd half, but to come out like that in such a crucial relegation battle inspired zero confidence in our ability to win the relegation playoff.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Don't think I'd really seen his name linked to Bayern, and that has included a lot of different names at this point.
It’s been pretty widely reported. I don’t believe he “turned them down” for West Ham, but he’s been rumored for Bayern for the past week or so.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
tbf, the salary is likely similar between the two and the expectations are so much lower at west ham, so i might take that job over bayern too LOL

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Careful what you wish for. A lot of debate as to whether or not Moyes has been good for West Ham. Entirely fair that supporters would like to see an improvement over Moyes, but can they get one? Lopetegui isn’t that.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Can only hope West Ham and their weird, entitled, permanently seething fans go back to their natural level of bobbing around the bottom of the table like a turd that won't flush.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Careful what you wish for. A lot of debate as to whether or not Moyes has been good for West Ham. Entirely fair that supporters would like to see an improvement over Moyes, but can they get one? Lopetegui isn’t that.
You clearly have not been watching West Ham. He was saved by winning the UECL, which let’s be honest is a two-bit competition where West Ham beat up on a bunch of Romanians and Belgians, and where West Ham's budget dwarfed their competition up until the final. They were fighting relegation all year last season.

This season, they've played awful, insipid football despite a nice patch to start the season where they were playing well above where the play metrics had them placed. They've won two games in the calendar year 2024, have given up the most goals outside the bottom three, and have been pasted recently giving up six to Arsenal at home, five to Crystal Palace, and another five against Chelsea. It's not getting better, it's getting worse.

Usually the "careful what you wish for" finger waggers are reserved for the old British boys club that wants to stick up for all the dinosaurs that stick around. They were saying the same ridiculousness when Palace got rid of Hodgson and now Glasner has them playing some good stuff.

Loepetegui is absolutely an improvement over Moyes - it's not even a question. The work now becomes transforming a roster that Moyes filled with a bunch of mismatched, old pieces that don't work. It won't happen right away.

And I'm not belittling what Moyes has done. He saved the team from relegation (twice) and ultimately stabilized the club during a turbulent time. All the same, the road has clearly ended. The football has progressively deteriorated and there are exactly zero signs that the situation is improving.
Can only hope West Ham and their weird, entitled, permanently seething fans go back to their natural level of bobbing around the bottom of the table like a turd that won't flush.
Hey, you just described Scotland NT supporters! Though to be fair, maybe replace "entitled" with "boorish"? And with even worse teeth.

Last edited:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
You clearly have not been watching West Ham. He was saved by winning the UECL, which let’s be honest is a two-bit competition where West Ham beat up on a bunch of Romanians and Belgians, and where West Ham's budget dwarfed their competition up until the final. They were fighting relegation all year last season.

This season, they've played awful, insipid football despite a nice patch to start the season where they were playing well above where the play metrics had them placed. They've won two games in the calendar year 2024, have given up the most goals outside the bottom three, and have been pasted recently giving up six to Arsenal at home, five to Crystal Palace, and another five against Chelsea. It's not getting better, it's getting worse.

Usually the "careful what you wish for" finger waggers are reserved for the old British boys club that wants to stick up for all the dinosaurs that stick around. They were saying the same ridiculousness when Palace got rid of Hodgson and now Glasner has them playing some good stuff.

Loepetegui is absolutely an improvement over Moyes - it's not even a question. The work now becomes transforming a roster that Moyes filled with a bunch of mismatched, old pieces that don't work. It won't happen right away.

And I'm not belittling what Moyes has done. He saved the team from relegation (twice) and ultimately stabilized the club during a turbulent time. All the same, the road has clearly ended. The football has progressively deteriorated and there are exactly zero signs that the situation is improving.

Hey, you just described Scotland NT supporters! Though to be fair, maybe replace "entitled" with "boorish"? And with even worse teeth.
The Tartan Army are not entitled or permanently raging.

Reactions: sabremike

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I’m well aware of how West Ham have been playing. That’s the vast majority of the argument to replace Moyes, that they’re not playing inspiring football especially considering the players at his disposal. And like I said, fair game for wanting to replace him. That doesn’t mean that Lopetegui is going to improve anything and his track record is lackluster to say the least. One might argue it’s more impressive than Moyes’, but I would argue their opportunities have been very different. Lopetegui for me is well overrated.

Reactions: Evilo

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I’m well aware of how West Ham have been playing. That’s the vast majority of the argument to replace Moyes, that they’re not playing inspiring football especially considering the players at his disposal. And like I said, fair game for wanting to replace him. That doesn’t mean that Lopetegui is going to improve anything and his track record is lackluster to say the least. One might argue it’s more impressive than Moyes’, but I would argue their opportunities have been very different. Lopetegui for me is well overrated.
I think you’re overrating Moyes and underrating Lopetegui. Again, I’m hardly doing backflips here, but he consistently qualified for the CL with Sevilla until it fell apart at the end.

We’ll see how it goes. A lot hinges on how the summer plays out with this squad. I think it’s going to be a transitional year - not expecting the world.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think you’re overrating Moyes and underrating Lopetegui. Again, I’m hardly doing backflips here, but he consistently qualified for the CL with Sevilla until it fell apart at the end.

We’ll see how it goes. A lot hinges on how the summer plays out with this squad. I think it’s going to be a transitional year - not expecting the world.

I’m not saying Moyes is better, simply that I wouldn’t expect some big sea change with Lopetegui. And Sevilla should have been qualifying for the CL when he was there.

I just think they could have gone for someone else. If the Amorim rumor was true, and I’m guessing it was, then I’d have gone with him.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I’m not saying Moyes is better, simply that I wouldn’t expect some big sea change with Lopetegui. And Sevilla should have been qualifying for the CL when he was there.

I just think they could have gone for someone else. If the Amorim rumor was true, and I’m guessing it was, then I’d have gone with him.

The Amorim rumour was definitely interesting, but it seems like a jump to assume they ended up rejecting him

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

He decided to stay. I would gone for Fonseca at Lille, but what can you do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad