Red Sox/MLB ASTROS WIN THE WORLD SERIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Jimmy Stewart the producer of Felger & Mazz on his Twitter

Charlie Waters sports columnist for Pioneer Press
I'm supposed to believe some unverified Twitter nobody in Minnesota knew the Red Sox were down to 3 finalists 2 hours after announcing Farrell was gone? Nah.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Relax. It's going to be Ausmus. They need to pretend they're looking around but it's already been decided.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
22366396_10214992430824469_2366780328766188803_n.jpg

Reactions: BMC and TP

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Was he drinking a glass of Merlot and twirling his glasses in hand while he challenged it.

I ******* despise him and the Cubs. It’s unfortunate that the Nats pulled yet another joke job.
Going to be tough rooting for LA and now Seager may be out to start the series

My preference
Astros
Dodgers
Cubs

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
This would have been so much more fun if the Indians and Nationals had won.

I agree, mainly because I think the Astros would have fared better against Cleveland. The Yankees are peaking at the right time and their pitching is deep. Can the Astros win a game not started by Verlander or Keuchel? It wasn't necessary in the short opening round, but is more important now.

But I imagine MLB and the networks are thrilled to have the 4 largest US cities on TV. Whether we like it or not, a Cubs or Dodgers/Yankees World Series would be a ratings bonanza.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
This made me laugh. I wonder how many world championships Boston teams have had in those 69 seasons? Was the last winner for Washington the Redskins back when they were good? I'm too lazy to look.
Pretty sure they won the Superbowl in like 83 or 84 didn't they? I remember watching in the Danielson dorm back when I was at BU, IIRC.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The '98 Capitals were the last Washington team to reach a finals, or the conference finals for that matter.

I think I'm rooting for the Dodgers/Astros from here. For a long time I despised the Dodgers because of that big trade between us in 2012, but it's a different team now. Crawford and Beckett are long gone, and A-Gon is out for the playoffs. Plus Dave Roberts is cool.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I told everyone ten minutes after Farrell was fired that Ausmus was the guy.
So if it's Ausmus you will take a vi t
Cora and Discarcina were the only two choices to pick from. Guess it was a bigger limb than the original choices.
Ausmus was obvious and I had it on my twitter and Facebook page 7 minutes before you - actually 6 minutes on twitter and 7 on Face book but I told my BFF in a text 8 minutes before anyone Ausmus was the guy

But I have another guy as well I'm thibking tha Dave Dombrows

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The Astros win a nail-biter. I don't know why they get the afternoon game tomorrow before the NLCS even starts, but oh well.

Keuchel painted a masterpiece, but I'm still not sold on their pitching beyond he and Verlander (would love to be wrong, though). Altuve's post-season average is over .500. Obviously unsustainable, but still impressive.

As always, the post game show with A-Rod, Papi, Hernandez, and Thomas was great. Their breakdown of Bird's lackadaisical base-running when he got thrown out at home was very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad