Malkin's goal tonight -Youtube until something better is posted

VladNYC*

What a combo! Crosby/Malkin. We are witnessing the start of legends.

Pure Rock Fury*

Once guys realize they're allowed to hit Malkin, he's going to learn to stop skating with his head down real quick, or else he's going the way of Eric Lindros.

Devs

Jun 1, 2006
NJ/DC
Once guys realize they're allowed to hit Malkin, he's going to learn to stop skating with his head down real quick, or else he's going the way of Eric Lindros.

Replace Brad Lukowich, the other defenseman Malkin walked around,with someone who can hit like Stevens or Phaneuf, and that goal never happens. That being said, great pass, great reach, and a pretty good goal.

Danny__K

Oct 6, 2005
I have a sneaky suspicion that the pens fans are going to very quickly forget the Lemieux/Jagr era. That goal was disgusting. His setup for crosbys goal was not to shabby either.

AgentNaslund*

:handclap: thx for the post. its his 4th game??? what moves. some mad slick moves. embarrased well... of hte dmans, and worst of all, Brodeaur got the worst of it, as a veteran goalie like him gets deked out of his jock strap.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Replace Brad Lukowich, the other defenseman Malkin walked around,with someone who can hit like Stevens or Phaneuf, and that goal never happens. That being said, great pass, great reach, and a pretty good goal.

Neither of those players were on the ice for that goal. If you're going to say that, then perhaps Malkin himself would have considered the circumstances of trying to pull a move like that knowing they were on the ice. Thus, that point has very little relevance to the current discussion of Colin White and Brad Lukowich getting totally played for fools by Malkin.

Colin White was a pretty big hitter last time I checked. Malkin is fairly elusive.

Pure Rock Fury*

Colin White was a pretty big hitter last time I checked. Malkin is fairly elusive.

Both d-men were staring at the puck the entire time. Nothing elusive about Malkin there, that was just luck on his part.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh

Replace Malkin with someone who can't score, and that goal never happens.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Both d-men were staring at the puck the entire time. Nothing elusive about Malkin there, that was just luck on his part.
It was total luck faking Brodeur out of his jock and swinging it to his backhand at the last possible second too. :shakehead

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Not being snide or flip, but did you actually watch even the video? If so how can you say that? Even had he missed the net entirely on the shot after, those moves when he literally danced on the ice were jaw dropping. Why do you think people are going gaga in this thread? . . . and most are not Pens' fans.

Pure Rock Fury*

Don't get me wrong, it was a nice play and a nice finish, but if you replace those pylons with actual defenseman, Malkin never makes it to the net and ends up flat on his back.

Once he learns to skate with his head up, he's going to be ten times more dangerous than he already is. I just hope he doesn't have to learn that lesson the hard way.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Where oh where have the "you can't say Malkin is a great player, wait until he plays a game in the NHL" posts gone? :( Oh well, at least we have some bitter New Jersey fans to remind us of the fond times when people constantly discredited Malkin's talent for very silly reasons. ;)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I know it's only been 4 games, but I think I can say it:

Malkin is better than Ovechkin or Crosby

That is like saying would you rather have Gretzky or Mario. They are such different players. Anyone watching Crosby would have a hard time putting him second fiddle to anyone. Then again, we have both (or two of the three anyways) so I am going to just sit back and enjoy.

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
I'm so impressed with Malkin, way more so that I was with Crosby and Ovechkin. I really think he has the skills to be the best overall player out of the three. What an amazing talent!:bow:

I have a new appreciation for Malkin-Crosby now. It's really interesting.

Yureeka47*

I find myself constantly looking on the Pittsburgh scoresheet, following their highlights.. so exciting.

Im not sure if I look forward to or dread the moment when they play the Rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->