Malkin vs Zherdev

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

pavel datsyuk said:
Zherdev, best pure natural talent in the NHL last year behind Kovalchuk.

Malkin has some sick pure skill as well...I didn't see him untill the WJC's this year and I was taken back, and scouts said he had only an O.K. Tournament.

I love Zherdev though, I gotta go with the proven comodity though and take Zherdev.

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
I REALLY like both players. Zherdev was my favorite from right after the '02 draft. Malkin is obviously an amazing talent. I have to choose Malkin though. He is a center, and he is more of a team player in my opinion. Both qualities that teams are ALWAYS looking for. You can't lose with having either of them though.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Zherdev!

He beat the Canucks on his own, without ANY help from th Blue Jackets. I'm convinced in his prime he will be the best player in the league, and yes he will be better than Kovalchuk, but by a slim margin.

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
I don't know about the Sundin comparison, I guess I see it, but I like the Lecavalier one though.
Agreed, Sundin is known more for his strength, shooting ability, and slick play. Malkin has more of Lecavalier's qualities such as soft hands and playmaking ability.

X0ssbar

To be honest I was a little skeptic when the Jackets chose Zherdev (b/c I wanted Horton) but after wathing him live over 20 times last year - love the pick and he is a pure game breaker. With that said, I am skeptic about Malkin so what do I know :)

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
I prefer Zherdev right now, cause he is just better right now and can't say anything about long term potential.

Last edited:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
pavel datsyuk said:
Zherdev, best pure natural talent in the NHL last year behind Kovalchuk.

Zherdev > Sakic, Iginla, St. Louis, Forsberg, Lemieux, Jagr, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad