Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
SensGuy said:
Is your avatar supposed to be clever or did you just screw up and are too lazy to fix it?

My account originally came like that, and I never bothered to get an avatar.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
STUPID.

#66 said:
BS thread. I've seen Malkin go into traffic, battle along the boards, fight through hooks and holds and stick up for his teammates. This kid is a horse of a player now nevermind when he hits 210-215.
Yes. pay 40 bucks at mediazone.com and watch Malkin play in several World Championship games last year against the world's best: he checks very well, shoulders his way around guys, goes into traffic, recovers pucks from the corners after taking and giving hits.... "soft" is NOT a descriptor that could apply to Malkin.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
clefty said:
Ask Patrick O'Sullivan if he's soft. Or this Belarus guy:

Horrific hair on the Belerus guy. if Malkins bones ever thicken up the whole NHL is in trouble!

gib

Feb 3, 2004
This is one of those useless threads and I tell you why.

1) Malking wouldn`t be drafted second if he was too soft for NHL. Yeah, scouts know what they are doing.

2) In NHL there have been few players who have been soft, but still them are considered the best hockey players in the world.

3) Malkin isn`t the most physical player out there (he could be more physical if he liked to), but he don`t have to, cause he has skills that outshine 99% of hockey players.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I'm wondering if the criticism concerning Malkin's finishing ability still stands, because the highlights I've seen showcase some laser-guided slappers and wristers.

I'm sure the goaltending in the RSL isn't fantastic, but he is leading the league in goals.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
Slitty said:
Don't get me wrong: Malkin is a fantasic player. I just have a fear of sorts that he may not be physically ready for the NHL... he just seems a little troubled by the physical aspect of the game as illustrated here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/9360453/2005.12.17_RUS_FIN_Rosno2005_malkin_draws_penalty.wmv.html

and here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/9360497/2005.12.17_RUS_FIN_Rosno2005_malkin_draws_penalty_.wmv.html

So he lost the puck because of a guy penalizing him? And that means what?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Aki Fan said:
So he lost the puck because of a guy penalizing him? And that means what?

That he needs to use his large frame more and realize that if he is going to be a star that he needs to get used to getting knocked around and not give up on plays and pucks because of it.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
Slitty said:
That he needs to use his large frame more and realize that if he is going to be a star that he needs to get used to getting knocked around and not give up on plays and pucks because of it.

yeah, no kidding. so by your reasoning, if he gets bigger and tougher there is no penalty that will stop him? come on, you were stretching before, but now..............

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Slitty said:
Don't get me wrong: Malkin is a fantasic player. I just have a fear of sorts that he may not be physically ready for the NHL... he just seems a little troubled by the physical aspect of the game as illustrated here:
I guess that from your Point of View Brashear is soft player too because he went down after McSorley kicked him :dunno:

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Slitty said:

You know what's funny? You could find video of every single power forward type IN THE NHL and make them look soft.

A couple of plays are not proof positve. If you'd ever seen the guy play a game, your opinion would be different. But no. You choose to find clips to prove your very fragile point. Nice.

...And even better yet, you're asking the opinions of those who have actually seen him play. :biglaugh: This is truly classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad