Malkin thrown out .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
After an outstanding game (2A in first period and 1G early in 3rd period--Evgeny Malkin got 5 minutes and a game misconduct for hitting from behind.......3 questions:

a) which Can player was his victim in the hit?
b) any serious injury to that player?
c) Will Malkin be suspended for the Gold Medal Game on Sunday vs. USA?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think there would have to have been an injury for him to get thrown out. A la Phaneuf on Olesz.

Just like that incident, I don't think Phaneuf missed any games after that.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I didn't say otherwise.

Most major penalties in these tournaments are "clean" by the standards that NHL fans are used to. But I think that because of Olesz' injury, they were kind of forced to penalize Phaneuf the way they did.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Fighter said:
Olesz got a concussion but that hit was clean.

Phaneuf was given an elbowing penalty on the play but nothing else than that as it looked a great open ice hit, kind of NHL standard as you say. It was a spectacular hit but no doubt that if it had been a czech player making this hit on Crosby who would have then be concussed as Olesz was, no doubt that the entire Canada would have asked for a 10 years suspension! :D

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
ParisSaintGermain said:
Phaneuf was given an elbowing penalty on the play but nothing else than that as it looked a great open ice hit, kind of NHL standard as you say. It was a spectacular hit but no doubt that if it had been a czech player making this hit on Crosby who would have then be concussed as Olesz was, no doubt that the entire Canada would have asked for a 10 years suspension! :D

blah blah blah

AEKaki

ParisSaintGermain said:

This is actually true.

st_roland

At first I was like...no way! thats not true, but my opinion has been swayed. Because of the amazin' arguments laid out I now agree. Its true, its true, baby you know its true!

sonnytheman

Apr 9, 2002
Ithaca, Mtl
Visit site
I think somebody said that in International hockey, they penalize hits to the head (something the NHL should do IMO). Phaneuf's hit was a hit to the head (clean in the NHL though), so yeah...although officially they put it as an elbowing call.

Oh, and btw.......I definitely agree as well :)

KlingonHockey

Dec 21, 2003
Bah bah bah bah... bah bah bah bah - Baby!
Don't forget my numbah.
Love will you see you through.

Wait, what were we talking about again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad