Malkin the incredible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Sammy said:
If he does it then I will say so.
Its a massive jump & to think that its so easy to do is frankly, very naive & ignorant.

It is a massive jump for most, but all of the great (and i mean the best of the best) prospects like Crosby, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Heatley, etc. all have come in and instantly made an impact. Malkin is one of these kinds of players who will come in and not miss a step. Hockey is Hockey, and when you're of this caliber then regardless of the competition, you will flourish.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Metallian said:
And yeah, Ovechkin is not superior to Crosby. Their production is so similar you can't say one is better than the other. The difference between them right now is luck.

luck hmmmmmmmm i call that luck Palffy ! Man i wish Ovy would have that kind of luck, even on the PP :dunno:

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
DrMoses said:
He's proven he's better than Crosby?

If anything, he's proven that he and Sid are pretty much neck and neck.

You give him those few extra points for being Russian though...

No, he's taking Ovechkins extra few scoring points and using that as a clear and decisive way of measuring the difference between two players.

"Crosby had two goals yesterday? So what, Ovechkin has had a few more than him so far. Ovechkin is clearly better"

Sammy*

Chinaski said:
Well I don't know why do I even try to explain this to a troll, but anyway. Tell me, why was it allright to compare Heatley and Kovalchuck when one was obviously younger than the other? I didn't see anyone even remotely to say anything about the age. But this year it's an issue all of a sudden. Cool off dude. Never label anyone troll, unless you you are sure you are not the one. Watch games with Ovechkin and then with Crosby and you'll see my point with Ovechkin being superiro to the face of new NHL.
There is nothing to seperate Ovechkin & Crosby, If you dont understand that, I'll say nada.
And try a reading comprehension class. I havnt said Crosby is better than Ovechkin or Malkin, because he's younger. Nor would you have caught me saying Kovalchuk was better than Heatley cause he was younger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Can we shelve this debate until the Olympics at least? If Malkin puts up a dominating performance there then some of these arguments about him being one of the world's top players will actually carry some weight. But until then, this is going nowhere.

Steve Latin*

We saw how mediocre Heatley and other NHLers did in the RSL last year... on an international sized rink, I'd expect Metallurg to blow out Ottawa.

The leagues are just impossible to compare, but rest assured that Malkin HAS proven something so far. Hopefully after the Olympics this type of talk will be put to rest.

Sammy*

Metallian said:
It is a massive jump for most, but all of the great (and i mean the best of the best) prospects like Crosby, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Heatley, etc. all have come in and instantly made an impact. Malkin is one of these kinds of players who will come in and not miss a step. Hockey is Hockey, and when you're of this caliber then regardless of the competition, you will flourish.
I dont disagree at all, but I have seen too many guys come in & not flourish , particularly not immediatly.
Again, I think too many people think what Ovechkin & Crosbty are doing is really not unbelievable. No matter how great a guy is or will be, the curve is usually way flatter.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Clearly this is an off-topic in this thread to compare Ovechkin and Crosby. Let's leave it.

Back to Malkin, It is hard to believe that he is only 19. How good will he be at the age of 25? He is so good now that I do not know where he can improve, this guy already does everything on the ice really really good.

If there was a choice for me that I needed to pick either Ovechkin or Malkin for Russian Olympic team I would probably pick Malkin. That would have been a tough choice considering the fact that Ovechkin is an ubelievable player but I believe Malkin is more valuable. Good thing that I don't have to make that choice - we have both!!! :yo: :yo: :yo:

Sammy*

Steve Latin said:
We saw how mediocre Heatley and other NHLers did in the RSL last year... on an international sized rink, I'd expect Metallurg to blow out Ottawa.

The leagues are just impossible to compare, but rest assured that Malkin HAS proven something so far. Hopefully after the Olympics this type of talk will be put to rest.

I think waaay off your nut on this. Most NHR's who went over there went over there to keep in shape, nothing more, nothing less. If I'm wrong, then I fully expect to see Sushinsky,Kaigordov,Zatonsky,Rosa,Morozov, Semin,Tetershyny all leading the Russian team into the next Olympics. Somehow, I doubt it.
Ottawa would annihalate Mettalurg.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
This thread has quickly passed into the realm of pure fantasy. Just like the ideal workers paradise ;)

Chinaski*

Siberian said:
Even though Ottawa annihilates about half of the NHL teams I really doubt it would Metalurg. I think it could be a close game.
You forgot that the only real hockey is in NHL. Shame on you. :sarcasm:

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Just to get rid of the trolls for a while I want to change the flow of the thred.

Do you think that he should be centering the first line in the Olympics? I know that Datsyuk is considered number one, but Malkin is already better. He only lacks the international experience, but overall Malkin is simply the best center.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
Chinaski said:
You forgot that the only real hockey is in NHL. Shame on you. :sarcasm:

I think your english comprehension is a tad off the mark. There is real hockey played all over the world. The BEST hockey however is played in the NHL. :D

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Siberian said:
Just to get rid of the trolls for a while I want to change the flow of the thred.

Do you think that he should be centering the first line in the Olympics? I know that Datsyuk is considered number one, but Malkin is already better. He only lacks the international experience, but overall Malkin is simply the best center.

:shakehead

Please. The guy's got thin bones ............

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Siberian said:

I think he will be the center on the second ! IMO our first line is already in Krikunovs head Kovalev - Datsyk - Kovy/Ovechkin

But i want him on the first for sure !

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Chinaski said:
But for the Malkin's sake he better stay away from Penguins. The best for him is keep playing for the Russian team, until he is eligible to play for another NHL club.
Why would he not want to play for the Penguins? He's going to do great here... can you imagine, as a team playing against them (especially in a few years) having to play against Crosby's line, perhaps shutting it down and then having Malkin's line jump over the boards? He's going to fit in very well here and will almost doubtlessly distinguish himself as a top caliber player in this league.

Pittsburgh will most certainly embrace a player like Malkin. It doesn't matter if he's Russian, Czech, Slovak, French Canadian, whatever. It also doesn't matter that Crosby is already a fan favorite (who is much better than you give him credit for). The cheers were just as loud for Francis, Jagr, Kovalev, Ulf, Barrasso and Coffey in years past as they were for Lemieux.

Chinaski*

Pathfinder said:
I think your english comrehension is a tad off the mark. There is real hockey played all over the world. The BEST hockey however is played in the NHL. :D
My comprehension of English is pretty good. No worries in this department. I know what you mean by the best hockey is played in NHL. And I don't agree with that.

Steve Latin*

My guess is that people would say he "lacks hockey sense" and "telegraphs his passes" just like Kordell Stewart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->