Malkin off to incredible start

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
During the RSL preseason, Malkin showed a lot of positive things, leading the team in several preseason tournaments.

The Russian Superleague has officially started on Wednesday, and in its first 2 games, Malkin has 1 goal and 4 assists. Knowing the Russian league, these are monster stats. I'm really starting to believe he's going to be better than Ovechkin or Crosby.

Chris2004

Dec 22, 2004
Toronto
roshiajin said:
I'm really starting to believe he's going to be better than Ovechkin or Crosby.

It's very possible for him to be a more complete player than Ovechkin in his prime. I just think Ovechkin will be more flashy.

I dont think either will out match Sidney because of the tutelage he will receive from mario, his body type and equally impressive, if not better individual skills.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
If his bio on rushockey.com is correct, he's going to have to put on at least 10-15 pounds to be a star in the NHL.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Honestly, Malkin very well could end up being the best of the three in his career. But he'll never get the press or respect that the other two get is only because of situation(doesn't matter how good he is, he'll always be in Crosby's shadow in Pittsburgh) and because of his style. He's not nearly as flashy as Ovechkin and definitely not even on the same planet as Crosby in that respect.

JayRice66

Jul 31, 2005
Wheeling, WV
LOL, so now 10 - 15 pounds stands between him and NHL stardom. LOL. give me a break. The guys is over in russia right now playing amazing hockey against adults. Him gaining 10 - 15 pounds has nothing to do with him becoming a star.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
JayRice66 said:
LOL, so now 10 - 15 pounds stands between him and NHL stardom. LOL. give me a break. The guys is over in russia right now playing amazing hockey against adults. Him gaining 10 - 15 pounds has nothing to do with him becoming a star.

The Russian league is much less physical than the NHL, and they play less games. If you think a 6'3 kid can play at 180-185 pounds, and withstand the physical punishment of an 82 game schedule let alone be a star centerman like Joe Thornton, then you've got another thing coming. Thornton is about the same height, but 220 pounds. Malkin's got to get to at least 200 pounds. He's still young, so as soon as he comes over, I'm sure Pittsburgh will bulk him up.

Rolexmaster

Aug 3, 2005
He's still young, so as soon as he comes over, I'm sure Pittsburgh will bulk him up.

Yeah........

Lemieux : we need to bulk you up kid

Malkin: how do I do that Lemieux sir ?

Lemieux : say hello to your new friends, Mr Big Mac and Mr QuarterPounder with cheese

Malkin : wow......I love America already

:shakehead

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Rolexmaster said:
Yeah........

Lemieux : say hello to your new friends, Mr Big Mac and Mr QuarterPounder with cheese

Bulking up means adding muscle mass, not fat.

Sammy*

1 goal and 4 assists in 2 games?
Where does the parade start?

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
TheCoach said:
The Russian league is much less physical than the NHL, and they play less games. If you think a 6'3 kid can play at 180-185 pounds, and withstand the physical punishment of an 82 game schedule let alone be a star centerman like Joe Thornton, then you've got another thing coming. Thornton is about the same height, but 220 pounds. Malkin's got to get to at least 200 pounds. He's still young, so as soon as he comes over, I'm sure Pittsburgh will bulk him up.

He must be skinny as anything. How is it possible to be 185 pounds and 6'3? Sounds almost dangerously underweight.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Rolexmaster said:
Yeah........

Supersize me
:D

Seriously, though they'll probably just make him eat a little extra food, sooner or later people start gaining weight.

Firefighter Havok

Jul 1, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Reading this is like a dagger through my heart.

First off I would like to thank Russia for being selfish in not signing the IIHF agreement. Secondly, I would like to thank the brass over at Metallurg for being complete idots in thinking that that we would do anything to bring him over and asking for bu-coo bucks to terminate his existing contract. And third to Malkin, for defusing the situation by staying over. However, I still firmly believe that we should stuff him into a burlap sack, toss him in airplane, and have him bunk up at the Lemieux estates until all is well. But then again, that's just my opinion. :propeller

znarok

Aug 22, 2005
HFboards
The official Metallurg Magnitogorsk's web-site says that Malkin's weight is 87 kilos, which is 192 lbs. So, looks like he already getting mature... In a couple of years he'll be 210 lbs easily... Don't forget, he's still growing, he's only 19...

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Chris2004 said:
It's very possible for him to be a more complete player than Ovechkin in his prime. I just think Ovechkin will be more flashy.

I dont think either will out match Sidney because of the tutelage he will receive from mario, his body type and equally impressive, if not better individual skills.

Crosby's "body type" is less impressive than either of the Russians, IMO.

I pegged Malkin>Crosby a few months ago and I hold to it. He's a playmaking center in the mold of Francis.

I do believe it is possible Malkin could be a more complete player than AO in his prime but I don't predict it. AO outplayed Malkin soundly at the World Championships, and arguably so at the WJC despite how phenomenal Malkin has been.

znarok

Aug 22, 2005
HFboards
lonewolf-Superbeast said:
Reading this is like a dagger through my heart.

First off I would like to thank Russia for being selfish in not signing the IIHF agreement. Secondly, I would like to thank the brass over at Metallurg for being complete idots in thinking that that we would do anything to bring him over and asking for bu-coo bucks to terminate his existing contract. And third to Malkin, for defusing the situation by staying over. However, I still firmly believe that we should stuff him into a burlap sack, toss him in airplane, and have him bunk up at the Lemieux estates until all is well. But then again, that's just my opinion. :propeller
Dude, you are misinformed! None of your arguments work the way you think they do. You know why? Because you listen too much radio and watch too much TV, and they tell you exactly the things they want you to know and believe, but not what the things really are... Just think about it some time. How can you judge about situation in Russia not having enough information? ;)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Mikhail Joukov an Oiler prospect has 0-3-3 in 2 gp., does that mean that he'll be as good as Ovechkin or Crosby in your estimation??? :shakehead :biglaugh:

Nfumass

Oct 2, 2004
Ma
Bryanbryoil said:
Mikhail Joukov an Oiler prospect has 0-3-3 in 2 gp., does that mean that he'll be as good as Ovechkin or Crosby in your estimation??? :shakehead :biglaugh:

Totally agree, its 2 damn games, lets not all bust a load yet there guys....

Claypool_*

you people are crazy if you think he can't/won't add 15-20 pounds over the span of his career. :biglaugh:

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Bryanbryoil said:

Did you saw this two games ? Nope . ok .

Malkin is crazy , i saw this two games and he could have easily 3 + 6 right now !
192lbs is not a big thing ! He looks so damn BIG and hes balance is just so great !

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
CSKA said:

Malkin is crazy , i saw this two games and he could have easily 3 + 6 right now !
192lbs is not a big thing ! He looks so damn BIG and hes balance is just so great !

No I didn't, but since you're here, what are your thoughts of Zhukov and Mikhnov???

AgentNaslund*

its just 2 games. Geeze. I remember when the Flames were off to a 10 wins 2 losts start back in 2002, and they end up missing the playoffs.

but Malkins start, is monster numbers considering its the russia super leauge. Im impressed.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
CSKA said:

do you think malkin has a chance to win the RSL scoring title? who is the youngest player to ever win it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->