Malkin is the real deal folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
After watching games involving Team Russia and seeing how Malkin is not out of place at all and dominating at times in this allstar type of tournament, there is no question that this guy will be a superstar for many years in the NHL.

I've never fully appreciated his talents until now since I couldn't see him play in the RSL, but now I fully understand what russian fans were talking about. This guy elegant style of skating and reach reminds me a bit of Mario Lemieux and his hockey sense is outstanding. Not only that, he is very effective on the PK.

I really don't care if I get flamed for this but I believe this guy's potential is higher than that of Crosby's and dare I say it Ovechkin's as well.

Discuss.

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
The_Eck said:
After watching games involving Team Russia and seeing how Malkin is not out of place at all and dominating at times in this allstar type of tournament, there is no question that this guy will be a superstar for many years in the NHL.

I've never fully appreciated his talents until now since I couldn't see him play in the RSL, but now I fully understand what russian fans were talking about. This guy elegant style of skating and reach reminds me a bit of Mario Lemieux and his hockey sense is outstanding. Not only that, he is very effective on the PK.

I really don't care if I get flamed for this but I believe this guy's potential is higher than that of Crosby's and dare I say it Ovechkin's as well.

Discuss.

I feel like i am missing out on these guys. I am big fan of The Ovy One and Malkin but they dont play for Buffalo. The fans of Pit. and Was. will get too see the best players for the next 10 years.

shawn_kemp*

is this thread an attempt to hijack the "Ovechkin > Crosby" rule? :sarcasm:

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
The_Eck said:

Discuss.

I was thinking Malkin was a little quiet and playing a tad bellow his abilities so far. Maybe he will step it up against Canada and you will see some more genuine Malkin. The passes are nice, but he hasn't really taken teams apart on his own yet.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
agree. malkin has been russia's 2nd or 3rd best player overall, (after datsyuk and kovalev/nabokov) and in some games, their best. it's amazing how good he is on D for a 19yr old.
he's probably their best defensive forward. his vision and passing are excellent. and he can hit.

i like him more than ovechkin or crosby.

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
This kid is something special. He not only is explosive on offense, but is very involved defensively. I'm looking forward to seeing him play next year.

Captain_Cunney

Sep 26, 2005
Bowling Alley
The kid is very very special and will be a superstar in the NHL eventually....but to say he has more potential than Oveckin or Crosby might be a little over the top.

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
Captain_Cunney said:
The kid is very very special and will be a superstar in the NHL eventually....but to say he has more potential than Oveckin or Crosby might be a little over the top.
I think he has more potentail the Crosby b/cs of his size.

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
Captain_Cunney said:

Due to his reach and size, i'd say Malkin has more upside than Crosby.

KariyaIsGod*

The_Eck said:
Due to his reach and size, i'd say Malkin has more upside than Crosby.

It's possible.

I tihnk Crosby's mental game is still too advanced for Malkin and is going to get better and better.

This is kind of like the whole Mario Lemieux and his raw ability and size vs. Wayne Gretzky and his brain type of thing...

Not to say malkin is as good as Lemieux or Crosby is as good as Gretz because well, that's just silly.

pucks-not-bucks

Sep 19, 2005
All is Well!!!!!
Wow...is this kid gifted!

If I were George McPhee (assuming he'll still be around), I would do whatever it takes to get his rights from Pittsburgh.

Can you imagine the carnage Malkin & Ovechkin could cause together? :eek:

Force

Jan 26, 2006
you mean "will cause together" in various olympics, world cups and world championships?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Force said:
you mean "will cause together" in various olympics, world cups and world championships?

Luckily both Pittsburg and Washington suck so we can count on seeing them at world championships for the next few years.

Force

Jan 26, 2006
Those two playing for RUS while the rest of the nhl-pack stay's over there? gosh i'm kinda glad GER can hide in the B-pool :p:

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I like Malkin and AO, but don't sell Crosby short. This kid is still much younger then the others. We have to see what Crosby does next year. Remember, Malkin and AO have been playing against men since they were 17. Crosby was playing with 16 year olds this time last year. And due to this level of play discrepancy, Russian prospects tend to become "NHL ready" faster then the NA ones.

I think what Crosby has done is incredible, and next year he'll be turning heads like AO and Malkin are doing this year, if not more. Some people sound like they are giving up on Crosby's superstar potential! Why? Because he is only on pace for a 39G 51A 90P rookie campain? That is insane!

Frankly, all three are generational talents and both the league and fans are starting to reap the benefits of some of the most high potential players the game has ever seen. I am hoping for another golden era of hockey with guys like Nash, Heatley, Kovalchuk, Staal, Crosby, Malkin, Vanek, Phaneuf, Lehtonen, Fleury, Spezza, etc. leading the way. :clap: :clap: :clap:

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I agree, but I'm too tired to repeat my arguments. Bottom line:
Malkin > Crosby, Malkin > Ovechkin, IMO.

Ovechkin is my favorite player, but there are holes in his game (defense,patience,..). Same for Crosby (size,defense,..). Malkin just has no weaknesses.

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
artilector said:

Ovechkin is my favorite player, but there are holes in his game (defense,patience,..). Same for Crosby (size,defense,..). Malkin just has no weaknesses.

Agreed.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
artilector said:

If Malkin can score and hit like Ovechkin can in the NHL, I'd take him hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad