Malkin having a great 2019

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
This is absolutely correct. For the past THREE games, Malkin decided to be the best player in the world again. How long will it last? 5 games? 10 games? The rest of the season? Nobody knows but him, and I imagine it's based on one or more factors the rest of the world will never be privy to.

It's simple to tell when he's been turned on... when he is, he doesn't skate, he gallops.

Did you watch today's game? Do you seriously think Malkin played better than Crosby did? No one can possibly believe that lol.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
Did you watch today's game? Do you seriously think Malkin played better than Crosby did? No one can possibly believe that lol.

Yes, I did. Malkin would average two points a game if he continues to play like this. He's just more dangerous when at this tempo. And I don't end my own sentences with 'lol', so I'm basically correct by default.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Malkin has played like trash all season, just collecting his paycheck.

Still, he's the most talented player since Lemieux, doesn't even need to put any effort in to rack up points. Meanwhile, Crosby and McDavid need an asthma puffer for every point

Reactions: TheGuiminator

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
poor taste isnt awesome but you have the right for an opinion..and you have the right to have what most would refer to as very poor taste.

You’re probably the type of guy who thinks the Red Wings And Maple Leafs have pretty jerseys, aren’t you?

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Malkin is a ****ing loser compared to Crosby. Don't even dare mention them in the same sentence.
say about one of the best players in the league that he somehow looks like a f***ing loser, it's something so dumb that only a perfect f***ing loser can do

rho

May 30, 2011
I was just looking at that, pretty crazy given that the pens aren't a bad team at all. He has 6 games with a +/- or -3 or worse.

Still putting up a lot of points lately though so I guess some of it can be excused.

Malkin has been indifferent/mediocre/bad at 5v5 for an extended period of time this season, so he definitely owns many of those minuses. However, he spends most of his 5v5 time with the worst defensive forward on the team (Kessel) and the worst defensive dman on the team (Johnson). Not saying that excuses his poor defensive play, but they don't help. Crosby has been absolutely lights out at 5v5 this year, but when he does make the odd mistake, he at least usually has Letang and Dumoulin to clean up his mess for him.

Reactions: Emerz

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
It's an unreal attribute of Malkin. He'll come away with 2-3 points playing like absolute shit in games; meanwhile, Crosby dominating games will get similar points. It's the same reason when people point out he had one more point than Sid in 2017 playoffs yet if you watched them both play throughout the playoffs, there was no doubt who was better on both ends of the puck including more timely goals.

Malkin still needs to play with controlled emotion though.

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
Yes, I did. Malkin would average two points a game if he continues to play like this. He's just more dangerous when at this tempo. And I don't end my own sentences with 'lol', so I'm basically correct by default.

That wasn't the question. People are trying to make it seem like Malkin has been playing well.

He is basically doing the equivalent of a QB who plays like shit all game then racks up garbage stats when the game is out of reach, so the box score looks impressive.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
If you want the truth, I watched the Oiler's game, yesterday's game, today's game. So, if you want me to be CLEAR about it, I think Malkin has looked more dominant than Crosby, with Crosby himself looking GREAT, over the past three games.

You sure jumped on me didn't you?

So based on what you have seen in 3 games you open this topic claiming that Geno is having a great season. Mkkay then

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
One time Malkin had a 4 point game and was the worst player on the ice.

Heck, he's 2nd in points per game over the entirety of his 13 year career in a 100 year old league and isn't even a top 100 player of all time.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
That wasn't the question. People are trying to make it seem like Malkin has been playing well.

What 'wasn't the question'? You asked me if I watched today's game, and I answered you. I couldn't care less what people "are trying to make it seem like". I was solely talking about his last three games, and how it relates to his career as a whole.. a career I've watched nearly ever game of.

By his standards, he's been awful this season, but the last three games have shown that the talent, skill, and speed are still there. The real question is why doesn't he play like this all year. Maybe he can't, maybe he's just lazy, or maybe there are other factors we couldn't possibly know. The reality is that it's an open question.

Reactions: GreatGonzo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad