Malkin close to record?

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
What is the NHL record for goalstreak to start the season? I know that Steven King scored in four games to start his career in early 90's, but what is the record? Malkin has now five games with a goal in each.

And if this was asked before, please give me a link and lock this thread.

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
The record is co-held by Joe Malone, Cy Denneny and Newsy Lalonde.. The 3 of them scored into their first 6 games in the 1917-18 season. If fact, the record cannot be older since those 6 games were the first of the NHL. It is to note that the 3 of them had played in other professional leagues before, and so have Malkin.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Now-a-days pretty much every NHL player coming from Europe have been professionals before their NHL-career as far as I understand.

So yes, this answer was exactly what I wanted - Malkin has to score in next game as well to tie the record and in next of that too to take the record.

Bluesfan1981

Mar 21, 2006
USA
The record is co-held by Joe Malone, Cy Denneny and Newsy Lalonde.. The 3 of them scored into their first 6 games in the 1917-18 season. If fact, the record cannot be older since those 6 games were the first of the NHL. It is to note that the 3 of them had played in other professional leagues before, and so have Malkin.

Malkin tied Malone, Denneny, and Lalonde, all who were great players. And I think Malkin will eventually join them in the Hall of Fame one day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad