Confirmed with Link: Maksimov Signed to 3-Year ELC

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Basically what the Oilers are saying is you have a chance to make the team out of camp

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Killzone Maximus has some serious potential. If he or Safin can play in the top 6 a few years down the line that will help with the cap.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Don't know much about him. Hopefully he is half as good as some say he is could be interesting.

So which reporter will utter "could bolt to the KHL" without looking at where he was born.

I like his size--only report I have read from a writer I trust says he needs to work on his foot skill.

He is a 5th round pick and as long as we keep that in mind and don't do what we did to Greg Chase--not pointing out any posters jusrt those who thought Chase should have made them team after rookie camp--he is a 5th rounder--Development is key

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Those are "as expected" draft +1 numbers from Maksimov. Nothing more. Don't get carried away.

Greg Chase had the same numbers draft +1

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Those are "as expected" draft +1 numbers from Maksimov. Nothing more. Don't get carried away.

Greg Chase had the same numbers draft +1

For a 5th round pick, I would disagree that those are "as expected" numbers. The fact that he's even earned an ELC deal is better than a lot of 5th rounders can ever hope for.

And Chase was a bit of an outlier and IMO not a great comparable, as he was considered to be a kid with the raw talent to be a 3rd or 4th round pick, but went 7th round because of his rep as a bit of a headcase and very inconsistent with his effort. As far as I've heard, Maksimov doesn't have a similar spotty attitude.

At any rate, without going overboard I'd say the Oilers scored a 3rd round pick type of player in the 5th round, which is a win in my books, however small a win it is in the grander scheme.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
For all the slack we give Chia he’s always had a solid track record with his drafting. We should change his title to GM of scouting and hire another GM for trades and contract negotiations.
His drafting was actually really bad in Boston until he hired Keith Gretzky. So....no thanks lol

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Don't know much about him. Hopefully he is half as good as some say he is could be interesting.

So which reporter will utter "could bolt to the KHL" without looking at where he was born.

I like his size--only report I have read from a writer I trust says he needs to work on his foot skill.

He is a 5th round pick and as long as we keep that in mind and don't do what we did to Greg Chase--not pointing out any posters jusrt those who thought Chase should have made them team after rookie camp--he is a 5th rounder--Development is key

Although he is Russian, he was actually born in Canada has has a dual citizenship.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Him and Safin have the potential to be major steals. Something that I don't think has ever happened to this club.

There is a long list of former Oiler drafts that had potential to be steals and we all know how they all turned out. I won't even begin to get mildly interested until I see a solid productive season in the AHL. Been fooled and let down way too many times in the last 20 years.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
this haha. his only saving grace was pastrnak. he struck out on players over and over again

He drafted two pretty good young NHLers(Heinen and Bjork) in the 4th and 5th round of that draft too.

His second rounder of that draft(Ryan Donato) is tearing up the NCAA and was over a point-per-game at the Olympics.

Reactions: CanmoreMike

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Interesting prospect but I refuse to be excited about him until he shows something at the pro level, we've seen this level of prospect before fizzle out in the AHL every single time.

Reactions: FanOfSadTeam

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Nice work that he seems to have earned himself a contract. Looks as if he's having a very strong season in Niagara. I'll have to tune into some OHL playoffs to see what he can do in post-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->