Making the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

CANUCKS

Aug 10, 2005
British Columbia
www.nhl.com
Im not sure which forum this goes into but I have a question.

Say your a 14 year old that wishes to make the WHL or something so u have a chance of being drafted, and you think u can do it, what steps are there to get that achievement

playing minor hockey...what are other steps? to get closer to this goal.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Forget the WHL. Play in the BCHL and get a scholarship to the NCAA. You'll get scouted and a quality education.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
if you're 14 on not on the road yet... it's probably too late. Unless of course you're 14 and 6'1" with a 90mph slapshot :)

CANUCKS

Aug 10, 2005
British Columbia
www.nhl.com
loudi94 said:
Forget the WHL. Play in the BCHL and get a scholarship to the NCAA. You'll get scouted and a quality education.

how do i get into the BCHL..i live in Surrey and we have a team here the Surrey Eagles. Im just confused about the whole thing..of course i think the earliest age u can enter the BCHL is 16, im not sure.
still have plently of time to practise..2 years?

jet228 said:
if you're 14 on not on the road yet... it's probably too late. Unless of course you're 14 and 6'1" with a 90mph slapshot :)

im pretty tall, and been playing hockey since i was 5, and i think can rip a nice shot or i need a little practise, i love hockey and my dream is playing in the NHL and I think i can do it.

MiZZZike*

Being 14 and not being on the "road" yet doesn't mean you don't have a chance. But of course at 14 your window becomes smaller. At your age your best best is to try out for a Midget Major team, even if your the worst player on the Midget Major team you will still get drafted by a Junior B team, and just take it from there. The other option is to try to walk on a college team.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
When I was 16 I played in a tournament called the Alberta Cup. It is a tourney for the top 160 or so 16 yr olds in Alberta. At that tourney we were told that at that point we had a 1 in 6000 shot of playing a shift in the NHL. Needless to say, the odds weren't kind to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad