making the cut reality show!! top 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Well Demone, Wires, Sonnenburg, Dickenson, and I forget who the other one was, are all playing either with the Rampage, or the Texas Wildcatters in the Florida system, or at least were. So even when Dickenson was great for the page in the beginning of the year, does that mean he will be gone to a canadian team next year instead of with the panthers?

That would suck.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
I'll even try and pick the team.

Vancouver- Anders Strome
Calgary- Lou Dickenson
Edmonton- James Demone
Toronto- Matt Hubbauer
Ottawa- Mark Wires
Montreal- Dominic Periard

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
Kritty said:
I could be mistaken, but I'm sure I read that the 6 players had already been picked and that the show is taped, not live. Apparantly it was done a few months back already but is just being played now. Which would explain why so many guys off the show are now in the minors. I also find it hard to believe that players would interrupt their season to go on this show. A few things to think about.

well the whole show was taped and the 18 finalists were chosen before the show started, but tomorrow is going to be live in front of an audience and the GMs.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Stevex said:
Is Habbauer the one who left his CHL team because he discovered a brain tumor ?

He left Regina a while back because he discovered a tumor somewhere in his head(I'm thinking nose or jaw). He was amazing for Regina back then. I remember going to the game when he came back, it was amazing for a town as little as Regina.

I think he'll get picked, and I'm wondering if any followers of the Baby Leafs can tell me how he's doing.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Hubbauer is getting minimun ice time this year yet is playing good! After getting first star a few games ago (setting up the tieing goal, and scoring the winner), the leafs signed him for the remander of the year. If it weren't for the lockout, he probably could be battling for a spot on the 2nd line.

QMJHLguru

Dec 11, 2004
Halifax
1. Edmonton - Jordan Little
2. Vancouver - James Demone
3. Ottawa - Michael Mole
4. Calgary - Matt Habbauer
5. Montreal - Kevin LaValee
6. Toronto - Dominic Noel

Now will anything for these players come from this... other then the TV Ratings for the CBC ?... when can we expect there NHL debut ? ... Well atleast they got a TV, Camera and New Car outta it... about all they'll probably get.

Last edited:

icelord6

Oct 14, 2004
QMJHLguru said:
3. Ottawa - Michael Mole

I can't see Ottawa taking Mole, especially when they have Emery and Glass waiting in the wings. If any of the teams were to take a goalie, it would be Calgary or Toronto. I expect Mole to get picked by either.

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
icelord6 said:
I can't see Ottawa taking Mole, especially when they have Emery and Glass waiting in the wings. If any of the teams were to take a goalie, it would be Calgary or Toronto. I expect Mole to get picked by either.

It's already done, Mole was selected by Ottawa a few minutes ago.

The episode has already been shown on CBC stations out east. QMJHLGuru's list is official.

flamesfan01800

Jun 30, 2003
Saskatoon, Sask
Visit site
QMJHLguru said:
1. Edmonton - Jordan Little
2. Vancouver - James Demone
3. Ottawa - Michael Mole
4. Calgary - Matt Habbauer
5. Montreal - Kevin LaValee
6. Toronto - Dominic Noel

Now will anything for these players come from this... other then the TV Ratings for the CBC ?... when can we expect there NHL debut ? ... Well atleast they got a TV, Camera and New Car outta it... about all they'll probably get.

Nice Matt Habbauer :yo:

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
tuckerdomi said:
Who cares they wont make the team, half the players on this show cant stick with An ECHL team, give your head a shake,

Well then you either didn't watch the show, or else you don't know a whole lot about what it takes to play pro hockey. They mentioned that already 28 of the 68 on the show were playing pro hockey and another handful playing university hockey. Some of these guys have some real talent, they just need a shot to prove it. Now they're getting it. Will any make it to the NHL? No one can guess that. But I will guarantee that most play in the ECHL at the very least, if not the AHL, they are good enough.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hossa said:
Hard to believe Sweet Lou wasn't taken. :shakehead

I'm not that surprised. He was already drafted once and not signed, and I didn't see a whole lot that I liked. But that's just me. Some good speed and ability but I was impressed with several players over him, definitely a minimum of 6.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Kritty said:
I'm not that surprised. He was already drafted once and not signed, and I didn't see a whole lot that I liked. But that's just me. Some good speed and ability but I was impressed with several players over him, definitely a minimum of 6.

Personally, I thought he was the best position player in camp, or at a minimum the most likely to succeed in the pro (if not NHL) game. I know several people who watch the show religiously who had him as a lock for one of the final six.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
But Lou couldn't even cut it in the ECHL, the GMs admitted that they didn't get to watch them much, and they probably looked at their recent performances.

bonefizzle

Dec 5, 2004
lou is playing in the ahl this season and isn't producing so i'm sure that came into effect..especially when he is supposed to be offensive.. although i had him pegged to go top 6 as well...

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
littleHossa said:
But Lou couldn't even cut it in the ECHL, the GMs admitted that they didn't get to watch them much, and they probably looked at their recent performances.
He was getting a point per game in the ECHL and was called up to the AHL. I would suggest that his numbers in the ECHL say that he's 'cut it'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->