Make Ladd the 13th forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
I'm sure I am not the only one who has been completely underwhelmed by Andrew Ladd. He was pretty much invisible in the game against Finland and the only time I noticed him against Switzerland was when he was coughing up the puck. He reportedly didn't play particularly well at the camp and he didn't do a whole lot to improve his standing here. I really think Sutter needs to make him the 13th forward.

Perry has played pretty well and it is obvious he has infinite more skill than Ladd. (I also think talk of him being a liability are grossly exaggerated) If Perry doesn't have a regular spot in the top-4 lines, I'm going to be pretty dissapointed.

Here are my suggestions for lines:

Bergeron - Crosby - Colliton
Dawes - Richards - Stewart
Perry - Carter - Getzlaf
MacArthur - Fraser - Dixon

I really like the idea of slotting Perry in alongside Carter & Getzlaf. He adds a lot more skill to the line and gives Canada three dominant offensive lines. Getzlaf & Carter are also well rounded enough to negate Perry's (overstated) shortcomings.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
willie said:
I'm sure I am not the only one who has been completely underwhelmed by Andrew Ladd. He was pretty much invisible in the game against Finland and the only time I noticed him against Switzerland was when he was coughing up the puck. He reportedly didn't play particularly well at the camp and he didn't do a whole lot to improve his standing here. I really think Sutter needs to make him the 13th forward.

Perry has played pretty well and it is obvious he has infinite more skill than Ladd. (I also think talk of him being a liability are grossly exaggerated) If Perry doesn't have a regular spot in the top-4 lines, I'm going to be pretty dissapointed.

Perry - Carter - Getzlaf

I really like the idea of slotting Perry in alongside Carter & Getzlaf. He adds a lot more skill to the line and gives Canada three dominant offensive lines. Getzlaf & Carter are also well rounded enough to negate Perry's (overstated) shortcomings.

I agree, Ladd looked very out of place tonight and Perry has impressed even though i'm not a fan of his. I like the idea of him playing with Getzlaf and Carter, who are both defensively responsible and can find the back of the net. Perry can set them up and they can finish.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
At the very end of the game, he showed why some said that he could develop into a power-forward, he had a good shift where he overpowered the opposition while going around the net, he was alone in the offensive zone though.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Reveille said:
Blows mine how many Ranger fans still want him over Montoya...
I still don't see how Ladd got taken over guys like Olesz, Tukonen, Montoya, etc.

Nik

Dec 20, 2004
Kazan
Why do you think Columbus traded down? (They originally had the 4th pick) Smart move by MacLean, picking up a better player in Picard, 8th overall.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
willie said:

Perry - Carter - Getzlaf

Completely agree. He's not fast, he doesn't have great hands, he's not that smart, and he's incredibly stiff out there. If Colliton is in the line-up, Ladd should defenitely be the spare forward.

chicpea*

willie said:

Perry - Carter - Getzlaf

Couldn't agree more. Especially with the Perry slotting.

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
chicpea said:
Couldn't agree more. Especially with the Perry slotting.

I agree, especially with Ladd, he looks out of his league almost with this skilled Canadian team. I REALLY like Perry with Crosby and Bergeron. I'm hoping that they could stay together even when Colliton returns. Could Colliton play on the 4th line where McCarthur is? McCarthur deserves to be on one of those top two lines and could fill in the spot where Ladd is currently very nicely.

Prucha73

Leafaholix said:
Blows my mind how he went 4th overall.

Carolina has one of the worst and smallest scouting staffs in NHL, I think they basically go with the independant scoting service scouting, so it is not surprising they took him so early, what is surprising is how high he was rated by many of the independent scouting services.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
It was tough to watch him miss that pass from Perry when he was parked at the side of the net.

Get your stick on the ice and pay attention lol.

He has done nothin except for finish his checks.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
I agree he looked lost and a couple of times he completly lost sense of where the puck was when he had scoring chances. He should be the 13th forward because he is not that great when he is not scoring.

MacArthur is the man. I did not know alot about him before he is impressing me more and more as they play. He seems like a good bet to be a 3rd liner in the NHL.
He is great at killing penalties and loves the physical play.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Hossa said:
Completely agree. He's not fast, he doesn't have great hands, he's not that smart, and he's incredibly stiff out there. If Colliton is in the line-up, Ladd should defenitely be the spare forward.

I also completely agree. Wally112pac mentioned that one play with Perry that sticks out in my mind especially.

I'm also going to say that I've been underwhelmed by the Carter line in general Ryan Getzlaf hasn't really gotten going yet, and Carter has been carrying that line. Personally I'd love to try and break it up a bit, try something new completely.

Maybe something like

Bergeron - Crosby - Getzlaf
Perry - Carter - Colliton
Macarthur - Fraser - Dixon

Maybe putting Getzlaf with Crosby and Bergeron could light a fire under him, plus I think he'd look great on that line.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Brock said:
I also completely agree. Wally112pac mentioned that one play with Perry that sticks out in my mind especially.

I'm also going to say that I've been underwhelmed by the Carter line in general Ryan Getzlaf hasn't really gotten going yet, and Carter has been carrying that line. Personally I'd love to try and break it up a bit, try something new completely.

Maybe something like

Bergeron - Crosby - Getzlaf
Perry - Carter - Colliton
Macarthur - Fraser - Dixon

Maybe putting Getzlaf with Crosby and Bergeron could light a fire under him, plus I think he'd look great on that line.

Personally, I almost suggest moving Macarthur up to where Colliton is playing. I think Colliton's size is kind of unnecessary if Perry and Carter are there, and Macarthur's more gifted.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Hossa said:
Personally, I almost suggest moving Macarthur up to where Colliton is playing. I think Colliton's size is kind of unnecessary if Perry and Carter are there, and Macarthur's more gifted.

Yeah I actually thought of that too, and the more I think about it, the more I like it.

Avery4Byng*

Crosby's line will light it up but dont underestimate the Oreo Line....

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
JasonMacIsaac said:
Blows my mind that Carolina didn't trade down and draft Stafford.

Meanwhile Columbus traded down 4 spots and got a better player.

tomerez

Mar 16, 2003
Toronto, ON
Visit site
willie said:

Perry - Carter - Getzlaf

I'd suggest a swap of Perry and Stewart.. Stewart played with Carter and Getzlaf last year and they were awesome together, don't see the problem with a reunion.

tomerez

Mar 16, 2003
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Wow, all aboard the Ladd-hating bandwagon..

It's two exhibition games, I havn't seen him play often but two exhibition games shouldn't alter opinions on a guy that drastically

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
tomerez said:

It's two exhibition games, I havn't seen him play often but two exhibition games shouldn't alter opinions on a guy that drastically
Well, I think his fairly average season has a lot to do with it too. He just hasn't lived up to expectations, so far anyway.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
tomerez said:

A lot of people had reservations about his inclusion on the team from the outset. (due to average season + reportedly poor camp) The exhibition games are just further examples.

And I really don't think it's hating on Ladd. This is a stacked Canadian lineup and, if you aren't pulling your weight, you are going to sit on the bench. Corey Perry has, without question, outplayed Ladd to this point and it would be doing Perry (and the team) a disservice to give Perry 13th forward minutes while letting Ladd play a regular shift.

I still believe Ladd can become a fine player in the NHL. But, right now, he is simply being outplayed by the rest of the forwards and should be relegated to the 13th forward slot.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
tomerez said:
I'd suggest a swap of Perry and Stewart.. Stewart played with Carter and Getzlaf last year and they were awesome together, don't see the problem with a reunion.

That was Brent Burns on the "Goof Troop" line. Stewart has always been with Richards and Dawes.

I like the idea of putting Perry with Getzlaf, as they're familiar with each other, and Carter makes it a very nice line. I did think Perry did well on the top line, so I'd rather keep him there, though. Colliton would be perfect on a line with Fraser and Dixon IMO.

My lines for X-Mas Day:

Bergeron-Crosby-Perry.......This would have to be one of the most amazing scoring lines Canada's ever put on ice, the top two scorers in the CHL and the one pro player on the team

McArthur-Carter-Getzlaf.......Getz and Carter work great together, while adding McArthur's energy and skill would make it a nice line; McArthur also reminds me of Brent Burns, their "Goof Troop" linemate.

Dawes-Richards-Stewart........I like the line, and they have chemistry, but I think the emergence of these two lines bumps these guys down to the third unit

Colliton-Fraser-Dixon.......Very awesome checking line, could definetely wear down other teams' top units

Ladd........Very unimpressive through two games, so he rides pine for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->