Majors to trade McIver

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

St. Mikes Majors are expected to trade captain Nathan McIver before the OHL deadline. Fan 590 mentioned 3 teams, Peterborough and London being two, I missed the third.

McIver's a Vancouver prospect.

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
I heard Owen Sound being mentioned as the third. At least that's what they're saying on the NOOF. Would be nice.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Wow, it would be huge for London to get him and lock up that one last lingering question about the team. I've seen the Majors 7 or 8 times this year, and while I can't say McIver has lived up to my expectations for him, neither has really anybody on St.Mike's. Per the Can/Russia game, I think he would blossom on a talented team as a #3 or 4 d-man. If the Knights can throw out pairings with Syvret, Methot, Rodney, and McIver, they'll be in great shape for the Memorial Cup.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
balddog66 said:
why would London risk messing with their chemistry? I mean they are undeafed...until they play Owen Sound next...lol

Rediker (?) I believe was injured and his status for playoffs is uncertain.

Not to mention, defense is never an area where you can have too much depth. Moreover, a deal is probably not going to involve any of their roster players (just picks), so it really isn't that big of deal with regards to chemistry.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
St. Mikes Majors are expected to trade captain Nathan McIver before the OHL deadline. Fan 590 mentioned 3 teams, Peterborough and London being two, I missed the third.

McIver's a Vancouver prospect.

The Major's GM was quoted as saying that there is "a lot of interest" in McIver so he has taken a step back to see how much he can get. That is sad news for the Major's but positive news for Canuck fans...to have a prospect like McIver who is deemed to be a good solid player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad