Recalled/Assigned: Magnus Hellberg

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I wouldn't worry too much, the next morning is always the worst with the type of neck issue he had. You wake up WAY sore, and it's best he gets rest.

Being the most important player on the team, it's better to play it extra safe and make sure he's 100% before a playoff run.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I wouldn't worry too much, the next morning is always the worst with the type of neck issue he had. You wake up WAY sore, and it's best he gets rest.

Being the most important player on the team, it's better to play it extra safe and make sure he's 100% before a playoff run.

I asked in another thread, I missed the end of the game, what happened to Hank?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I asked in another thread, I missed the end of the game, what happened to Hank?

Before he pushed his net off the moorings, McDonagh hit into him because he was trailing with a Penguins forward and Hank slid out in his crease. He said he was hurt on that hit, and then nev said that the spasms kicked in after the 2nd period ended

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The ref that refused to blow the whistle for Hank after the collision needs to be suspended without pay.

Obviously, there WAS an injury.

No wonder why Hank got so angry.

**** this league. Seriously, **** this league.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Don't see it as a huge deal. If anything this is a good thing. Rest Hank up if need be, gonna need him for this stretch.

Also I saw this point made on Twitter, but we'll see just how bad the defense is tonight when Hank doesn't cover their ass. Capitals will make them pay big time.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Raanta may have been scheduled to play this game anyways. May just be a good opportunity to let Hank rest back in NY if he wasn't going to play anyways.

mtxed

Aug 17, 2007
Will he even start? Raanta hasn't been worth the hype this year.

member 116805

Not a big deal, they just need someone to open the door when Raanta plays.
SHOULD Raanta get injured, you don't want Hank on the bench

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
What's with MCD taking out our players! Zuc now Henrick.

It was McD's stick that lifted Hank's mask last year when he got hit in the neck with the puck.

Of course it's all coincidental, but maybe McD could hurt guys on the other team for a change.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Who will play while Lundqvist is out? Looks like Raanta hasn't been that great.

Raanta has been fine in his last two games. Granted, they were against TOR and CBJ, but he has still been solid lately.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
It could mean nothing, just that they want to give Hank a few days of complete rest so that they are sure he is "fit for fight".

Well.. hopefully it means nothing anyway :)

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
The ref that didn't blow the whistle should be suspended.

Disagree, it's not like Hank was laying on the ice in tons of pain, he looked like he was a little uneasy when he skated back to the net but not worthy enough for a whistle. The ref claimed he didn't hear him. Which is entirely believable with arena crowd noise.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Disagree, it's not like Hank was laying on the ice in tons of pain, he looked like he was a little uneasy when he skated back to the net but not worth enough for a whistle. The ref claimed he didn't hear him. Which is entirely believable with arena crowd noise.

Where did you see the ref claimed that? I thought they didn't talk to the media.

If Hank is injured enough that he's asking them to blow the whistle when his own team has the puck, they should blow it. That should go for all players. The refs don't have the ability to decide who's injured and who's not, players know their own bodies, and know when they need the whistle blown, even if their team has the puck. The decision on whether or not to blow the whistle should only be for an injured player when the other team has the puck, since there could be some incentive by a player to slow down the other team by milking an injury. Players don't milk injuries to hinder their team.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
where did you see the ref claimed that? I thought they didn't talk to the media.

If hank is injured enough that he's asking them to blow the whistle when his own team has the puck, they should blow it. That should go for all players. The refs don't have the ability to decide who's injured and who's not, players know their own bodies, and know when they need the whistle blown, even if their team has the puck. The decision on whether or not to blow the whistle should only be for an injured player when the other team has the puck, since there could be some incentive by a player to slow down the other team by milking an injury. Players don't milk injuries to hinder their team.

and again...if the ref's heard him or he showed severe signs of distress, of course they would blow the whistle. The ref's did nothing wrong here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad