Magnificient Mile Riots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Chicago (AP) - The air in Chicago erupted in flames and sirens last night as the Hawks took out the Kings last night. Fans took to the streets immediately after the series was over and a mini riot ensued. But police promptly restored order and the festivities continued in a peaceful manner.

The Hawks have been playing really good hockey over the second half, going 25-13-3 during that time span. Additions such as Kovalev, Therien and Andreychuk have this team playing really good hockey and able to play with and beat a team like the Kings. While the series could have went either way with many games going to overtime and double overtime, the Hawks just proved too much in the end. Some injuries to key Kings players might have been their downfall, but such is life in playoff hockey.

"First off this victory was for the fans. We expected to make the playoffs this year but never expected to beat a top team in our conference. But we've got a team that can compete and will do so on a nightly basis. The guys are gelling and Thibault is doing for us what he did on a nightly basis, which is good. We need to do this again in the next series but we're just glad to be able to bring another series to Chicago and the hope that we can continue on. Thankfully we made it through the first round without any key injuries and should be healthy for the second round. We're definately looking forward to the next round", said GM Lewis.

Game 1 Hawks 0 Kings 3
Game 2 Hawks 4 Kings 3
Game 3 Kings 4 Hawks 1
Game 4 Kings 1 Hawks 3
Game 5 Hawks 3 Kings 2 2OT
Game 6 Kings 3 Hawks 4 OT

With exception of the two Kings victories all the other games were pretty close and could have gone either way. :banghead:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Mcewan deserves a lot of credit for keeping the Kings one of the most consistently competitive and profitable franchises in HFNHL history. It just wasn't there for them this year in the post-season. Congrats to Dry, and I hope you keep up the "giant-killer" role - if I make it through tonight's match with the Wings, I'll ge glad to see you take down another western conference titan before I have to play you! ;)

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Ohio Jones said:
Mcewan deserves a lot of credit for keeping the Kings one of the most consistently competitive and profitable franchises in HFNHL history. It just wasn't there for them this year in the post-season.

I definately have to agree with this and think he's got a model that we should all strive to acheive. My team just happened to match up good against his. On any other day I'd be the one packing it in. Good series though.

Wish I was actually meeting the dead wings next, but I hope I can make it through the next round to play either Doug or Drew. Then the war of words can truely begin. The rumble in the jungle would not compare. The fans in chicago would be all decked out in war masks and smoking peace pipes...Lewis bum bah ya! which translates into Lewis Kill him...I'd even go so far as to step into a ring and settle it one on one

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Dryden said:
I'd even go so far as to step into a ring and settle it one on one

Having seen the streets you grew up on, I doubt either myself or Drew would be all that inclined to take you up on this particular offer. :eek: I'll be more than satisfied to have my boys rough you up on the ice - and on the scoreboard - on my behalf! :yo:

Of course, that will have to wait for not just the results of tonight's game, but likely to the Conference Final, as the only way you and I can face each other next round is if my Jackts, the Sharks and Oilers all win tonight (wonder what odds Vegas puts on that?). That would, I believe, be a first both in the NHL and HFNHL in terms of round 1 results - all four lower-seeded teams in a conference advancing? I won't hold my breath! :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad