Maffy vs. Lehtonen with a twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruins4777*

modestfwd said:
Okay, on a side note I have a question. How come Lundqvist isn't getting nearly as much hype as MAF or Lethonen? Now, I AM NOT SAYING WHO IS BETTER. Just how come not as much hype? The only thing against him is the adjustment to NA rinks. But just look at the numbers he puts up. He's already being called the greatest Swedish goalie of all time (not much competition but still). Everyone seems so down on MAF so why don't we compare Henrik vs. Kari. Swede vs. Fin.
World Juniors, age, and draft position

Kari is getting the nod in terms of hype because he immediately came over to north america and exceled, not to mention since he was 17, pretty much regarded as the top goalie prospect in the world, then around 19, the best prospect in the world.

Fleury, had the craziest WJC and looked like a beast. He also was seen much more and recruited more by scouts. And his skill level and potential were scouted much more.

But the main thing about fleury and kari being more hyped than henrik, is really due to the WJC. They were two of the most dominant goalies in WJC history, a tourney where you play against the best of your age group. So typically when goalies dominate their age group people get super excited and the guys get super hyped. Some can live up to it the following year, lehts, some can't, montoya.

also account for the fact that henrik was drafted a solid year or two before both of fleury and kari, and it should really be noted that he SHOULD be ahead of them in development, because of age difference.

bruins4777*

Habsfan 32 said:
All right thanks. I was not too sure but I checked some pictures and Nurminen has some catoons on his mask so I mixed them up.
Ya, kari has hamburglar and nurminen has batman and the joker. I like cartman's more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->