Not open for further replies.

Anthony*

'maffy' is a horrible nickname

and i dont see how smaller pads would make any difference when comparing them

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
I don't know much about lehtonen style wise, but if he is a position goalie and his pads help him out then it would make a difference, because it would come down to reflexes more

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
RMU2 said:
if the NHL does adopt the smaller goalie pads who would you take then? I know the majority goes with Lehtonen now, just wanna see if it would change

I know that I am drunk, but who the F is Maffy???? Marc-Andre? If so that is gay.

Lehtonen is a beast. He makes saves soooooo effortlessly. Fluery makes amazing saves over and over.... I say that the Fin will DEFINITELY be better.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Anthony said:
'maffy' is a horrible nickname

and i dont see how smaller pads would make any difference when comparing them
I was staunch in arguing against it when it was proposed on the Penguins site board, but I couldn't get enough on my side. Maffy is the worst nickname I've ever heard, it sounds like something you'd see named in a pre schoolers picture book.

I thought of giving him a fish name (we had our other goalies named Sea Bass for JS Aubin and Salmon for Sebastien Caron) but there wasn't too much support for that.

X-SHARKIE

RMU2 said:
if the NHL does adopt the smaller goalie pads who would you take then? I know the majority goes with Lehtonen now, just wanna see if it would change

Lehtonen! he's A better athlete then “Maffy†Lol and he’s not artificially big at all at 6-4, He’s not going to be harmed from goaltending rules one bit. He doesn’t wear big pads, he’s a big kid, and his reflexes and athleticism are amazing. Fleury’s good but I stick by my stance and say he’s not in Lehtonen’s league. But I’ve been a Kari fan since the day I’ve seen him and convinced he’s the next special goalie. Roy like.

bruins4777*

X-SHARKIE said:
Lehtonen! he's A better athlete then “Maffy†Lol and he’s not artificially big at all at 6-4, He’s not going to be harmed from goaltending rules one bit. He doesn’t wear big pads, he’s a big kid, and his reflexes and athleticism are amazing. Fleury’s good but I stick by my stance and say he’s not in Lehtonen’s league. But I’ve been a Kari fan since the day I’ve seen him and convinced he’s the next special goalie. Roy like.

Bingo, lehts wears small pads for how big he is. He's naturally big.

And positional goalies aren't based on wearing big pads. Brodeur is a positional goalie to an extent and is easily one of the best goalies at being "square" to shooters in the league and he wear's small pads as well. Raycroft wears small pads and his style is among hte most positional butterflys around. And Belfour is widely considered the best positional goalie in the league and he wears pretty average size, if not extra small, leg pads.

People need to wake up, this "positional let the puck hit them SIZE" goalies, are far and few between and the ones that do use that style tend to suck or aren't among the tops in the league. I don't want crap about luongo being a "positional let size hit him goalie" because he isn't at all.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Outkast's Andre 3000 I would assume Tom. And I agree... Maffy is a godawful nickname. I feel like a fool even typing it.

Safir*

BlindWillyMcHurt said:
Outkast's Andre 3000 I would assume Tom. And I agree... Maffy is a godawful nickname. I feel like a fool even typing it.

That's intersting.

BTW did you knew that Lehts is also a fan of Outkast and that he even had an Outkast symbol on one of his masks.

modestfwd

May 17, 2004
Okay, on a side note I have a question. How come Lundqvist isn't getting nearly as much hype as MAF or Lethonen? Now, I AM NOT SAYING WHO IS BETTER. Just how come not as much hype? The only thing against him is the adjustment to NA rinks. But just look at the numbers he puts up. He's already being called the greatest Swedish goalie of all time (not much competition but still). Everyone seems so down on MAF so why don't we compare Henrik vs. Kari. Swede vs. Fin.

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:

thats what i was looking for... thanks :clap:

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
modestfwd said:
Okay, on a side note I have a question. How come Lundqvist isn't getting nearly as much hype as MAF or Lethonen? Now, I AM NOT SAYING WHO IS BETTER. Just how come not as much hype? The only thing against him is the adjustment to NA rinks. But just look at the numbers he puts up. He's already being called the greatest Swedish goalie of all time (not much competition but still). Everyone seems so down on MAF so why don't we compare Henrik vs. Kari. Swede vs. Fin.

Because the finn wins.... as always ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->