Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
tom_servo said:
Let in four last night (despite playing another great game), but played again tonight in his first road game and stopped all 20 shots.

Pens 1, Blackhawks 0.

Great to hear... MAF wasn't a shoe in for a roster spot this year and he battled and won a job...only 20 shots...but a road game... 1 down and many more to go!

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Pens played great tonight, only scored once but that was all that they needed.

Defense gave Fleury some room to breathe but when needed Fleury was spectacular.

Well deserved SO win for the kid.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
Way to go Fleury, might of got himself rookie of the month with that performance tonight. Him or Bergeron should get it.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I would have to lean towards Fleury for this month, considering the circumstances. The Pens might have the worst defense in the league, and that's no secret. Despite that, Fleury's numbers remain among the league leaders, and he has looked great doing it.

No disrespect to Bergerson, of course.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
And as I said in the other thread, without Fleury, the Pens might only have 1 point all year.

louisleftwing

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I don't know if Fleury was the #1 star in tonight's game; I'll take that guess since he got the shutout. This means, in six games played, MAF has

1st Star - 4 games
2nd Star - 0 games
3rd Star - 1 game
No Star - 1 game

I think this is correct, and, if so, that's really all one needs to know.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
tom_servo said:
Hey, we beat the Wings too, ya know.

I know. I didn't mean to slight Pittsburgh, just reinforced my thoughts on the Hawks. As good as MAF is, Pitts D isn't exactly 'good'. To be throttled by them (20 SOG's is a pretty low total), doesn't exactly bode well.

And who hasn't beaten the wings lately? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad