MacDonald hit on Hornqvist (embellishment pen. to Hornqvist)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He didn’t “fling” his head back, it hit the boards that will change the direction of your head. One arm went straight down to the ice the other arm went up but it’s not trying to sell it. Feel free to slow it down and that’s what you will see.

One of the worst calls I’ve ever seen. Put your head into a wall and you don’t need to fling your head back. The wall will force your neck/head to change position.

Something that could have caused a concussion but the NHL calls it embellishment. What a joke.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
He didn’t “fling” his head back, it hit the boards that will change the direction of your head. One arm went straight down to the ice the other arm went up but it’s not trying to sell it. Feel free to slow it down and that’s what you will see.

One of the worst calls I’ve ever seen. Put your head into a wall and you don’t need to fling your head back. The wall will force your neck/head to change position.

Something that could have caused a concussion but the NHL calls it embellishment. What a joke.
Breath homie,it will be ok.
Lets just focus on a fun game tomorrow.
Geez , the hockey world and the world ,the reffs seen a embellishment.Pittsburgh had enough PP time to win that game.
Good fun tomorrow,Dilly Dilly!

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Breath homie,it will be ok.
Lets just focus on a fun game tomorrow.
Geez , the hockey world and the world ,the reffs seen a embellishment.Pittsburgh had enough PP time to win that game.
Good fun tomorrow,Dilly Dilly!

I'm good mate, thanks. I didn't think it would change the result and we played well enough to win so I'm not worried. Just find it puzzling that some can think that was embellishment.

I am looking forward to tomorrow.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I'm good mate, thanks. I didn't think it would change the result and we played well enough to win so I'm not worried. Just find it puzzling that some can think that was embellishment.

I am looking forward to tomorrow.
After Hornqvist flying elbows, and his basic spastic play the reffs probably had seen enough of his act for one night.To me it was a bit of a dive but his leash run out of slack.
Enjoy tomorrow.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Funny how quiet the penguins fans are in this thread after the clips got shown of him running around all night.

He should of had the game for the flying elbow at Manning. Guy is a douchebag

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
This is where Mario goes to twitter and tells the media how he really feels...

Lemieux needed to “rethink whether I want to be part of” the N.H.L. if the events surrounding the game “reflect the state of the league.”

Basically if my team can't dive, I want out :sarcasm:

BronzeSpruce

Mar 14, 2011
Sad thing is thats the only way Horny can get a penalty called, he gets roughed up and crosschecked on a regular basis and they never call penalties. I get other opponents don't like him because of the way he plays but he plays a hard nosed clean game, everything he does is within the rules. opponents take so many liberties on him without consquence its crazy.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sad thing is thats the only way Horny can get a penalty called, he gets roughed up and crosschecked on a regular basis and they never call penalties. I get other opponents don't like him because of the way he plays but he plays a hard nosed clean game, everything he does is within the rules. opponents take so many liberties on him without consquence its crazy.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
:laugh: We obviously aren't watching the same series.

Take the damn blinders off.

BronzeSpruce

Mar 14, 2011
:laugh: We obviously aren't watching the same series.

Take the damn blinders off.

im not talking about the series, im talking the season in general and most most likely his career. but all season he gets cross checked and thrown to the ground for not quitting at the play. he goes until the whistle blows. nothing cheap there.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
The correct 2 calls were made - the hit and then the flop.

The refs need to keep this up and not be afraid to call embellishment. When the refs start calling it more often, will eventually go away - like the puck over the glass penalty, it rarely happens anymore - players have adjusted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad