MacDonald hit on Hornqvist (embellishment pen. to Hornqvist)

Neilstrong218

Mar 29, 2018
Just to be clear, this was embellishment!
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/smakk.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/smakk.png

Reactions: BrokerD

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
I dunno. what is there to discuss? bad hit but also a bad embellishment. two guys went to the box.

Yeah. I think the officials got the call correct.

Also, sometimes when you're a guy who antagonizes on the ice and plays with some grit like Konecny. You don't get the benefit of the doubt.

He definitely sold it.

Hornqvist probably didn't help his case by falling on top of Macdonald and Patrick after the whistle, crawling up their body, and using their faces to punch his way up off the ground.

He was kicked out of the game once the officials were tired of what he was adding to the tenor of the game.

He scored a really nice goal.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
As far as the OP, what's to discuss? The refs made the right call on the ice. Were you wanting to make a congratulatory thread for good reffing? Because that's actually not a bad idea...

Hornqvist had a night.

Wow...I missed that during the game. That's f***ed up. WTF Hornqvist?

Reactions: mikeyp24

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not much to discuss.

Two minute minor on MacDonald nullified by one of the more hilarious embellishments I have seen. Not sure which was worse, Hornqvist or Malkins dive.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Wow...I missed that during the game. That's ****ed up. WTF Hornqvist?

Yeah, he was running around plenty. If Manning had fallen down and held his head maybe people would have noticed that incident, but it was a clear attempt to elbow him in the nog. Didn't really connect, and Manning, like many great Schenns before him, has no brain and can't be concussed, anyway.

Flyers don't really have anyone with the size and prowess to legally send a message to Hornqvist for this stuff. I'm worried the new, restrained Gudas is going to vacate the picture if this keeps up, though.

Reactions: ellja3

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As far as the OP, what's to discuss? The refs made the right call on the ice. Were you wanting to make a congratulatory thread for good reffing? Because that's actually not a bad idea...

Wow...I missed that during the game. That's ****ed up. WTF Hornqvist?

He also slew-footed Nolan Patrick then hit him in the head twice on the ice. No penalty. :laugh:

He went full on scumbag last night.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Heres Malkins dive the refs took the bait on for comparison.

Pikesburgh

May 1, 2016
That's not embellishment at all. He's on one skate when he gets hit, so you naturally extend your leg to keep from toppling over. Then he hits his jaw on the dasher. If that's Hornqvist cross checking MacDonald into the boards I wouldn't call MacDonald for embellishing. I'd be thinking "crap Hornqvist is getting kicked out for that". Not embellishment at all. Role reversal, still not embellishment.

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
Just to be clear, this was embellishment!
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/smakk.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/smakk.png

Hey hornqvist, play hockey, not soccer.

What a Dbag

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
That's not embellishment at all. He's on one skate when he gets hit, so you naturally extend your leg to keep from toppling over. Then he hits his jaw on the dasher. If that's Hornqvist cross checking MacDonald into the boards I wouldn't call MacDonald for embellishing. I'd be thinking "crap Hornqvist is getting kicked out for that". Not embellishment at all. Role reversal, still not embellishment.

You have obviously never played a game of hockey :shakehead

Reactions: powerstuck

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Please I've seen Horny take a lot harder hits than that and not even flinch both in Nashville and Pittsburgh.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
He also slew-footed Nolan Patrick then hit him in the head twice on the ice. No penalty. :laugh:

He went full on ******* last night.

That clip doesn't really show the alleged slew foot...and personally I have no problem with a couple shots on the ice like that. It's definitely dirty, and maybe a penalty could have been called, but it's the playoffs. Didn't seem like they were really that forceful anyway.

A flying elbow aimed at somebody's head I definitely have a problem with tho.

Ok...so why did he fling his head back and throw his arms in the air after?

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->