Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Our killer instinct sucks, our coach insists on using the wrong personnel, Willy hasn't been a positive factor, and our goalies can't make a crucial save when needed. I stand by my original avatar idea.

$

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

You’ll tell yourself you need to see how it ends already knowing full well how it ends. At this point, you have no one to blame but yourself. The Capitals exist to punish you and you exist to be punished by the Capitals. You’ll talk yourself into watching the reboot a few years down the road with a newer, younger cast in the hopes things will be different.
They won’t. This is your fate—to be furious.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
You should be able to coach stupid out of a player. Either Trotz isn’t up to it, or Wilson is too dumb to get it.
This is the problem with a focus that's predominantly effort-based. You end up with players trying to do too much all over the ice basically playing on adrenaline and little grasp that it's intelligence, cohesion, poise and decision-making that are crucial. Their mental game continues to be horrifically inadequate. Better coaching can shift the emphasis in a new and ideally more intelligent direction but these pupils are none too bright. It's going to be a tall task for any coach to come in and fix all of their shortcomings, particularly as cap constraints and age continue to be factors.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Confirmed my suspicions... when the Caps score they can't get a save, and when their goalie is on they can't buy a goal. One of these years they'll get both, right? Right!?

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Bob hasn't been great. They've put 7 goals on him in 2 games. He's not the problem. In fact, the Caps haven't struggled much to score on him in general over the past few seasons, even while he was winning Vezinas. The issue is at D and G. Starting Grubi was the right call given how he and 70 ended the season. But that's often the kind of motivation guys need to elevate their game. Hopefully, Holtby is ready now to prove he's still the guy and can, finally, really be a difference-maker.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
These 2 games have left me at a loss. Something needs to spark the roll. Maybe its Holtby. Maybe its a guy like Gersich (it sure as hell aint Connolly or Chiasson...sit them forver please). But I think it will happen.

How many times have the Caps take 2-0 leads and boofed it? Good lord, too many. So while CBus has played ok, they arent immune from their own case of "Capsitis".

Need the one break, and then it turns. I think it will happen still. I really do.

Plug in speed, and plug in the wins. It's coming....Gersich style!

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Btw, is Lars Eller doing anything? I think not. Kinda lost in all conversations that secondary scoring is lost. Only Orpik and Beagle (whom many here want to see wasted in the offseason) provided something.

I mean, Eller better step up too.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Dale Hunter as coach was a strange choice....
GMGM claimed he hired Hunter due to his record with London and of course we know another Cap alumni. People can say what they want though, Hunter instilled playoff hockey and the Caps almost made the ECF until Ward's penalty in Game 6.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I will always hate McPhee, but watching the Golden Knights makes me wonder again just how much autonomy he had and how much of his tenure was really Patrick and Ted.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Btw, is Lars Eller doing anything? I think not. Kinda lost in all conversations that secondary scoring is lost. Only Orpik and Beagle (whom many here want to see wasted in the offseason) provided something.

I mean, Eller better step up too.
I think Lars will come around soon. He seems to be in the right places and grinding it out in the busy areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad