Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Wilson
Burakovsky - Backstrom - Oshie
Vrana - Eller - DSP
Stephenson - Beagle - Chiasson

Orlov - Niskanen
Kempny - Carlson
Orpik - Jerabek

Grubauer

What I expect the lines will be for game one... I think Barry recognizes that Grubauer has been their MVP the past 2 months or so, so he'll have no choice but to go with him. I expect that Holtby will be their starter heading into round two if they make it there.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
O/U on Wilson/Anderson fights? An early and often key will be playing their top D pair hard.

I'm a bit concerned about the bottom six's all-around suitability for playoff hockey but we'll see. I'd wager Connolly plays over Chiasson just because they do need his one shot ability but I wouldn't be surprised if it is Chiasson instead. Him with Beagle on the same line is more of the problem.

Reactions: CBJSTH

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Vrana - Eller - DSP

Orlov - Niskanen
Kempny - Carlson
Orpik - Jerabek

Grubauer

What I expect the lines will be for game one... I think Barry recognizes that Grubauer has been their MVP the past 2 months or so, so he'll have no choice but to go with him. I expect that Holtby will be their starter heading into round two if they make it there.

Even if Grubauer is good? I'll never understand the loyalty to Holtby around here, he's been god awful.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Anyone that thinks Holtby won't be in net and DSP and Chaisson won't be in the lineup game one is delusional.

Make me look like an idiot Barry, please.
I wouldn't have a problem if all of those guys were in the lineup. I think one of either DSP or Chaisson could sit game 1. Not sure about the dislike for those players. Not the most skilled but responsible defensively and are hard workers.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Even if Grubauer is good? I'll never understand the loyalty to Holtby around here, he's been god awful.
Let's see 3 consecutive 40 win seasons. 2nd highest winning percentage alltme behind only Ken Dryden. Even struggling this year he still had a good winning percentage. Isn't that reason enough?

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Let's see 3 consecutive 40 win seasons. 2nd highest winning percentage alltme behind only Ken Dryden. Even struggling this year he still had a good winning percentage. Isn't that reason enough?

with the way he and Grubauer have played the past 2 1/2 month, no it's not.

the only argument you have for Holtby are team stats? that's pathetic.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
You don't think Connolly will be in the lineup?

If he is it will at the expense of Vrana. I think Trotz likes DSP so he won’t be sitting even though he is the first guy I take out.

Our only hope for a more skilled lineup is Beagle isn’t ready......

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Vrana - Eller - DSP

Orlov - Niskanen
Kempny - Carlson
Orpik - Jerabek

Grubauer

If Gruby starts and Holtz is our starter in round 2, there is no round 2. I expect 70 will start game 1..yep trotz will go down with him

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009

Who would have ever though you were talking about a guy that could never get out of the second round?

Reactions: calicapsfan

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
I will laugh so hard if Trotz starts Holtby after he just shat himself against a New Jersey team that sat like 8 of their top players.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
What I'd actually want them to run.

Burakovsky - Backstrom - Connoly
Vrana - Eller - Oshie
Stephenson - Beagle - Gersich

What they should run, with Trotz in mind.

Vrana - Eller - Connoly

What I'm expecting to happen.

Stephenson - Eller - DSP
Gersich - Beagle - Chiasson

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Well, the 2 hottest team in the NHL will face each other in Round 1.

CBJ 13-1-2
WSH 11-3-0
WPG 10-1-0
NJD 10-2-1
ANA 8-1-1

It's without games 82

So you can add a W for the Caps and an L for the CBJ. Still 2 hottest​

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Jackets fan coming in peace, I’m pumped to finally not play Pittsburgh in the first round. There will be a feeling out process but should be a fun series. I could easily see this series leading all series in “scrums after play has been blown dead”. Andy/Wilson obviously have bad blood. Gonna be entertaining. May the best win!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->